2022 also has plenty of WTF?!?!? moments.

From the slow-motion it looks like it was middle of one of the slabs.

Yeah. Makes sense.

Explosives, as best as I know which isn’t much, are all about speed. Tannerite is a “slow” explosive which is why for some reason it’s legal. C4, det cord, etc. are fast, they convert their material to gas and anger super quick which causes the destruction and cutting action. No idea what speed would be needed to shatter a granite slab, but it feels like a gunpowder pipe bomb or Tannerite would be more of a push than a slap, which I assume would be be necessary to shatter stone. But again, I’m pretty dumb about this.

So the difference between a break that drops the stone and an explosion that shatters the stone? So then it might seriously damage the rest?

No idea, again I’m a dummy here. The picture I saw was of stone shattered to a decent extent rather than fell over and broke. You get a couple of beefy lads to tip a stone it will probably break when it goes down but not shatter.

Shinzo Abe (former Prime Minister of Japan) has been shot

Rumors are he’s either in critical condition or dead, but no official announcement as of yet.

Someone tweeted a video of the scene with bystanders reacting first to apply CPR before medics arrived. I won’t post it here for propriety’s sake, but thinking we’ll see an official announcement soon.

Yeah, I mean not after you detonate it.

This has its own thread here.

This could also go in the police reform thread, but I felt like this one made more sense.

Well, I’m sure they will say it is evidence of their dedication to their work!

It’s hard work being a police officer, and there is stiff competition for undercover roles.

I’m sure the story has a happy ending though.

I didn’t know how to stop what was happening! I did want to stop human trafficking! So I went back six more times, and never did figure out how to stop what was happening!

Who shall we send to the brothel.

The fuck did I do?

The obligatory Onion article about being unable to stop these sex acts!

"In 2019, a tip was called in about Flagstaff massage parlors accepting money for sex acts. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and Flagstaff PD launched a joint months-long investigation.

Police reports reveal Officer Eberhardt allowed different women to touch him seven more times. Roughly three months later, another Flagstaff police employee, Officer Hutchinson, went back into five of the same massage parlors and did the same thing. The reason for the second round of sexual contact was to see if the businesses would accept debit cards. "

Officer Jones was then sent in to see if they would accept credit cards.
Agent Gray was sent in to see if they would accept Venmo.
Officer Smith to determine if they would accept Paypal.
Agent Springer to see if they would accept personal checks.
Officer Doge to find if they would accept cryptocurrency.

Those in charge of the undercover operation told KNXV that the investigation continued until every agent and officer in the taskforce was completely satisfied with the results.