2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Reigns? Never played it, can’t remember what the art style was. Extremely likely not it. But, hey it’s a guess, I guess.

SPOILERS for Shenmue 2 below.

This makes me a lot feel better about it. I was never really interested in the revenge aspect. In fact, after the ending of 2 (or, I guess the ending of what was originally the second disc of 2?) and what you find out, I would hope Ryo would’ve given up on that part. I’d hope he’d be more interested in figuring out the mirrors and not letting Lan Di get them. I’m more interested in Ryo’s personal journey, the prophecies regarding him and Shenhua, and the stuff with the mirrors. Things got very… magical with the sword and stuff at the end of 2. So I’ve kind of got no idea where things are going. I just am hoping for some resolutions of some of these things.

None of the above guesses. So, time for some more exploration of the unknown.

Neo Atlas 1469?

And we have a winner!.. It is indeed Neo Atlas 1469, developed by Artdink and published by Arc System Works.

I’ve never heard of it, but I was trying to figure out if there’s ever been a Monty Python game.

Oddly enough, as I understand it, it’s a Japanese developer!

Very odd game, with some cool concepts. When I played it, the story stuff bogged it down. Could have been fine, but the conversations were just too long and uninteresting (in that mediocre JRPG way).

1. Yes, there was an actual Monty Python game
  2. Rock of Ages is the nearest modern thing to a Monty Python game

Two of them!

Ah, cool, I didn’t know about that one. I only ever played “Complete Waste of Time.” I particularly remember the plague cart tetris-like.

I’ll quote myself, in a message I sent to Malkael

If you make it through, you can enjoy the simple and charming game that they put beneath that coat of words.

Okay, gotta be stingy here because this one is pretty hard to hide:

Astroneer ?

Not Astroneer!

Train Valley 2?

That’s it! I’m a sucker for games that are played on a single screen, and Train Valley 2 is both relaxing but challenging, if you want to pursue the deeper goals on each map.

This is the Golden Gate Bridge level.

Single screen? So there’s no scrolling? I guess I just realized there aren’t many single screen games that I can think of. Probably more common on mobile platforms, like the excellent Kingdom Rush series.

Yep! You can zoom in and then scroll, but I usually play the game all the way zoomed out. As far as I know, they never break that convention, even in the later levels, which are pretty complex.

I’ve been meaning to play that more, nice little game.

Time for something creepy:

Attack on Titan?