2023 Video Game Frame Game - All Games and Frames Welcome!

Ooooh, Arcanium!

You got it! Congratulations!

Just a small bump to remind @rhamorim that he won!

I saw it but can’t produce a new frame right now. I should post something tonight though. ;)

Here we go:

Dang. I know every cat in every game I’ve ever played. But I don’t know that cat. :(

Post a cat I do know!

Calm down, you might like the second frame… that I’ll post tomorrow morning. ;)

I suspect this cat is actually a clock. You can’t fool me.

Kingdom?

Momodora Reverie?

No right guesses so far. Time for more animals!

Still no guesses? Well, here’s a big reveal. It’s not the big reveal, but there’s a lot to see now:

Definitely not something I’ve played, but it does look very cool.

I was about to guess the same game again haha.

This is the room I thought it was. I got nothing, but it does seem familiar.

I was going to guess Dead Cells because of the art style, but then I thought, I’ve finished Dead Cells, so I would recognize this room if it was in it.

Will this be a loss? Oh my, hopefully not. Here’s some UI:

Skul: The Hero Slayer ?

I have had it wishlisted for quite a while but haven’t bought it yet, I am thinking my oldman reflexes might not be up to the challenge, but the art style is lovely.

Whew. It is Skul: The Hero Slayer!

The other guesses got the genre right - there’s a lot of Dead Cells and Momodora and Rogue Legacy in Skul - but Skul is its own game. Really good pixel art, too. It’s been quite enjoyable to play as well.

Thanks for the save, @lordkosc ! Your turn.

EDIT: about old man reflexes: so far, I think Skul is actually more forgiving than Dead Cells, but I’m not far into the game yet, so that could change. I don’t think so, though. I feel like Skul has more options to cater for different playstyles than Dead Cells.

No one will guess this, but it’s a screenshot worth posting! I won’t have much time to post tomorrow, so if no one guesses it by noon I’ll take the loss and page Scotch.

I think Walden, a game, looked better than that, but I’ll guess it anyway.