28 Years Later

Yes, it looks like it may actually be happening, with Danny Boyle and Alex Garland returning to complete the trilogy - and possibly kick off a new one.

Are they waiting until 2030 for the premiere?

So far we have 28 Years Later (yes!!), Twilight of the Dead - a movie based on George Romero’s last script, and a Return of the Living Dead reboot. I guess this proves that zombies, like the drive-in, will never die.

I’ll be watching for it. There’s a bit of chance they are taking with this, though. Back in 28 Day Later (and 28 Weeks Later), zombies weren’t as ubiquitous on TV like today with The Walking Dead franchise and the many movies that utilize them. It hits for me, but there has to be some pretty amazing hook to make it work, outside of the fact horror films seem to do pretty well regardless.

Oh, and I thought this was grin worthy:

I hope they are serious about writing how the world has changed so many years later. That will set the movie apart. The kinds of characters in Annihilation, Devs or Ex Machina have altered or taught humanity to cope with Rage, perhaps harnessed it to accomplish something unexpected. And then these people or institutions are flawed. Include some great classic zombie scenes with this world background and near-future aesthetic. Could be great.