3x3: favorite suitcases

We discuss our favorite suitcases in movies at the 45-minute mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of Office Christmas Party.

Tom Chick
3. Shallow Grave
2. Toy Story 2

1. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Kelly Wand
3. World War Z
2. Eraserhead

Dingus
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Moonrise Kingdom

1. It’s a Wonderful Life

What are your favorite suitcases in movies? No briefcases, so forget Pulp Fiction, and just listen to the show to hear what happens to people who choose steamer trunks. Also to hear Dingus read some good listener picks.

Send in your picks for the next topic to [email protected].

3.Raiders of the Lost Ark:

2.Moonrise Kingdom

1.It’s a Wonderful Life

-xtien

Nice job with the pics, but the colorized version? Really?

1. Shallow Grave

1. Toy Story 2

And, yeah, the more I think about our discussion on the podcast, the more I’m convinced Dingus and Kellywand are right about what’s in the suitcase.

-Tom

Three Colors: White

Iron Man 2

Schindler’s List

I wanted to use the dufflebag from Drive, but decided it shouldn’t count, not being technically a suitcase.

Yeah. I know. But my DVD of the movie is no longer available to me. After many years of very fine yearly service, it is no longer able to provide frames for me. So I had to grab these frames elsewhere on short notice. I certainly feel bad about using frames from the colorized version, as you rightly point out, but the quality is really good in the frames and I wanted folks to be able to read the window in the background there and I didn’t have a lot of time to hunt around.

Still…you’re right to call me out, @Pyperkub!

-xtien

“This is a very interesting situation.”

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

Also:

[details=Never mind, not really a suitcase is it?]http://images4.static-bluray.com/reviews/626_4.jpg

That mysterious thing from Ronin which everyone and their mother are killing each other over. We never find out what’s in it but I think it’s a great McGuffin because of that.[/details]

Could be a suit.

The Trunks* from Joe Versus The Volcano. Room for everything you need - and they float!

*Steamer Trunks are Big Suitcases, damn it!

Love this movie!

Joe v. Volcano was my first thought too, but I guess steamer trunks are verbotten.

My second thought was the case from No Country for Old Men:

It kind of comes close to being a briefcase, but I think its size pops it into the realm of luggage.

Maybe this is waaaay too obvious, but:

Steamer trunks are totally suitcases. I take it this means A Night At The Opera is off limits.

Rebellion against such arbitrary limits is totally justified.

You can’t fool me, there ain’t no Sanity Clause.

-xtien

Uh…so I made this statement a little over a week ago:

And then I got this package in the mail. The note assured me it was not part of the Qt3 Secret Santa shenanigans, and that I should open it early. Before Christmas.

So now I have that movie again.

Thank you, @marquac. You are the best.

-xtien

“All you can take with you is that which you’ve given away.”

To Xtien Murawski, the richest man in town.

I’ll drink to that.

No man is a failure who has BluRays ;)