"911. What is your emergency?" "My son is playing video games!"

You should use paragraphs.

No, sorry, it won’t do. I’m still going to play dumb and ride on that angle until you clarify in an articulate manner and demonstrate that you are able to express yourself properly.

Amazing.

No, not overtime - I’d think that would be a waste. I believe it just results in having more officers in the department. Then again, perhaps OT is a better way to go so benefits costs don’t start piling up.

And if they really need to attend to that high a number of alarm cases, and since we are talking about a, seemingly, private-sector service here, then they should increase the regularly retained workforce in a manner that reflects their average need to cover for those cases.
The salary for that extra force would come from the permits and call-bills as would be expected from a private service provider (AKA any other business).
Not a bad idea, but it doesn’t cover false alarms from individuals such as the woman in the story (I realize I used “false alarm” as a catch all, so my mistake).

One of my neighbors came home to a note on their door. “After responding to two false alarms at this address, finding no problems and not being able to reach you, we will be ignoring calls regarding this address until you notify us that the situation has been resolved.” which is kinda like saying “The cops won’t come if the alarm goes off again, so please break it and steal stuff!”

Well it seemed rather lame to me that he say “you turned onto X” and assumes automated understanding by all parties involved of what X is.

Now, of course I’m not as retarded as you’d like to believe me to be that I wouldn’t understand that it’s, probably, a reference to some other member who posts in a certain manner or another which pattern I have apparently mimicked unintentionally.

However, still, I find such brash and inexplicable statements quite confusing, in the general sense, rather than being succinct or anything similar. Infact, I’d say I find them to be an affront to proper communication.
And to an outsider, or even an insider (should everyone be familiar with ransacker or whatever his name was? Is he a Qt3 celebrity? are all members expected to know every other Qt3 member and be aware of everyone’s posts?), the statement may very well be a big “HUH?” as they’ll have no idea what the termed referenced is and thus what comparison is being drawn.
This goes beyond mere use of obscure jargon.

So, yes, it’s a pet peeve of mine to demand of people to speak in a little bit more comprehensive/detailed manner as to solidify the certainty that their exact intended meaning is conveyed, nullifying possibilities of misunderstanding.

While I do acknowledge that this is the age of the Internet and, sadly, quick few-letter/key-strokes exchanges have become the norm and replaced proper spoken language I still feel it is worth fighting for to uphold people up to a higher standard and try to alleviate the level of the language on the Internet.
Who knows, it may even instill a little brain onto those zombified kids that roam around yelling “WTF U NOOB U DUN NAW HOW 2 DO DIS? I GOT NO TIME 4 U GO RTFM STFU & GTFO!” which is quite disgusting and promotes insular elitism and maintenance of ignorance amongst “lower rank” rather than create thorough debate and education of the “lesser” in order to equalize.

False Alarms may go under the same flat rate per call-in.
However, repeated False Alarms I’d see fit to be billed for a 150% rate for the nuisance to the public and possible intrusion on the quality of security obtained by the other clients.

Think of it like Insurance. Every time you have an accident, the rate rises. This is somewhat twisted in that the rates don’t go up per burglary, rather, per false alarm. I find this a good deterrent method, IMHO.

Hit the enter key either more or less often. You are hitting it the wrong number of times.

You needn’t quote the entire wall of text merely to make a single sentence-comment to it. It is rather, IMHO, rude to the observant’s eyes (yes, this is yet another pet peeve of mine).

Also, is it better, now, past my editing?

I believe you’re having an issue with commas ;)

I believe you to be correct. I shall pay closer attention to this flaw and attempt to rectify.

So you admit that you are at least somewhat retarded.

Especially when I’m quoting you.

Yes, spare the people who have him on ignore!

John Sansker types like this.
This is how John Sansker types.
When you asked for clarification, it was provided.
Maybe you don’t know who John Sansker is.
That is okay.
You don’t have to know who John Sansker is to post on Qt3.
If you are reading Qt3, though, then it is surprising that you have never seen Sansker’s posts.
They are distinctive because of the typing.
Specifically, rather than using multi-sentence paragraphs, he puts strings of sentences on their own lines.
This isn’t best practice and most stylebooks will advise writers to do otherwise.
It also looks deeply unnatural to readers, and they will tell you so.
Maybe there is a language where you are supposed to do this, but English is not that language.
It would be easier for other people to read your posts if they were more conventionally formatted.
It would be easier for other people to read Sansker’s posts if they were more conventionally formatted too, but we don’t think we can improve Sansker.
After all, John Sansker weighs less than a cardboard cutout of John Candy.
Also, “easier” is a relative term.
Some of Sansker’s posts have been pretty confusing.
Maybe confusion is their most important message.
In this post, I have imitated Sansker’s format, but not his content.
This is for your own safety and the safety of others.

Well then, it seems I have arrived at a dead end.
As whence I go one route, I am using too few. When I go the other, I am using too many (carriage return). It seems that I am unable to strike the balance which will please the majority of you, or whatever literature regulations du jour you worship.
I am at a loss.

Ah, but that balance exists.

Stop posting.

That was awesome when John Sansker attempt to ensure us that he isn’t fat by compare himself to a card board cutout john candy, then he threaten beat me up in real life.

It’s like this thread got bombed with Joker gas or something.

Look
at
other
people’s
e
m
u
l
a
t
e
their