A Cheese Thread? No Whey!

Yeah get the one of the creamy, spreadable goats cheeses, There’s one without a rind that comes in logs that is my fave. I like to dot it over a plate with types of beetroot, with or without a oily or fish of some sort…

Delicious and expensive. Thumbs up.

I’ve seen one brand but will have to seek it out again. I was thinking I could probably add a bit of nice EVOO and stir a normal goat cheese into something a bit more spreadable but I guess if you don’t like olive oil that wouldn’t be a good fit.

Whipped goats cheese and goats cheese mousse is a thing ive had out a lot. Something like the goats cheese element of this

What a gorgeous looking dish.

Oh if you want your goats cheese really smooth and light then poach it in liquid nitrogen

Either that man is a giant or that’s a mini green egg grill and I LIKE IT.

Its the minimax green egg which they use to bring in the salt-baked beetroot from the XL green egg out in the garden. Even the mini green eggs are astronomically expensive mind you. Up near a grand if you want tables/shelves and accessories.

Just dropping by to say, great thread title. :)

There are knock-offs now so the prices aren’t horrid but still very high. I guess they compete with other big brands of grills though with their own spin on the technology of it. Apparently making concrete into an egg shape is expensive. /s

It’s not much, but it’s honest work.

I have to correct myself here. Not the Castello aged (12 month), but the VINTAGE (24 month). I’ve only ever seen this once before…until today. Now I have 2 cases of it. Thanks, Costco!

It comes in cases?

How much is in a case?

You know, lots of stuff at Costco is put out in cases with the boxes opened for display, so I just grabbed a couple that were still full. 10.5 pounds each 😁

Sweet Jesus that’s a lot of cheeses.

You need a case of sourdough bread and a case of butter.

My grandfather worked at a government food distribution location during the early 90s. As part of his pay and discount, he would get the 5lb blocks of cheese and then subsequently give them to everybody, including my family. We always had about 15lbs of that stuff at any given time. It wasn’t great cheese as an adult cheese connoisseur, it was American style cheese. But in it’s Velveeta like consistency, it was perfect for kids. We used to eat it all the damned time. The taste was like a sharper Velveeta. It retained the same easy-melt quality as well.

Sorry for the throwback to that time but you reminded me of it with buying such a huge amount.

20lbs of aged havarti though, we’re gonna need a party or three to go through that. Maybe a QT3 series where you travel in an RV and have some havarti and crackers with QT3ers across the nation.

Like Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Maybe you could call it Friends Having Fun Eating Fromage.

If you want me to share it, I’m going to need more.

I just went cheese shopping for Thanksgiving:

I feel pretty lucky that I live a few miles away from a great cheese monger Formaggio Kitchen. They have both amazing cheeses and lots of cured meats, and are willing to let you try just about anything and everything when you visit.

I’ve wanted some caciocavallo for a while now. But it’s really expensive. If you can find it at all.