A meta thread for video streaming services - Netflix, Hulu, Disney, HBO, Warner, Prime, AppleTV, etc

Did not see that coming.

I can’t help but wonder how much of that is really about streaming. I mean I have Amazon Prime, but honestly, I rarely watch anything on Prime Video unless it’s The Boys or Peacemaker.

I don’t watch A LOT on Netflix either, but my family does.

Peacemaker was HBO Max!

Oh that’s right! Lol.

You can get a free two months of Apple TV + as part of a Will Smith promo. There is a link in the article (worked for me).

God, another company going the HBO “let’s dump stuff we’ve already made for dubious tax benefits in the short term” route. I really hope this isn’t a trend. Unlike HBO Max, though, AMC+ is a terrible streaming service with a terrible app and the idea that they’re dumping their own shows from it is enough to make it a immediate write-off.

Man, Pantheon was one of the few interesting new shows last year.

Who doesn’t want to pay more for less content?

Damn. What’s the current price? I still have it for free with AT&T Fiber. That’s a pretty good bump, isn’t it?

I mean it was in the first paragraph of the article. It’s a $1/month bump.

Existing subscribers, who are currently paying $15 per month, will have to pony up an extra buck starting on their next billing cycle, but not before February 11th.

My bad. Just saw the headline. Reading on my phone at the moment.

Yeah I get HBO free from being an AT&T wireless customer.

I’d watch this!

No idea if this will be any good, but the aesthetic reminds me an awful lot of Fallout (pre-apocalypse). It had me double checking the title to see if it was actually a Fallout TV show trailer (it’s not).

Dammit. I don’t need another streaming service, but I’m gonna have to see that.

If you happen to have Gamepass, 3 months of free Apple TV is one of the perks this month

Oh, damn, I do have Gamepass as it happens, and I never saw this offer. Looks like we have until March to take advantage, too, so that show should be out by then.

Thanks!

Random rant;

Can streaming services please STOP dimming the show when I mistakenly bump my cursor? It’s fine to light up the scroll at the bottom, but why dim along with it? Only major one which doesn’t is Netflix so I know it’s not a technical issue or limitation. GAH. /rant