A new RTS - Planetary Annihilation

I find your lack of faith…disturbing…

Eh, Defense Grid “2” barley limped over $250,000, for example. Hopefully there are a lot of people who want another macro-RTS.

The DG2 kickstarted “bombed” mostly because of the way they set up the goals.

Personally, I think Planetary Annihilation has a pretty good chance of reaching its goal. They are already at $178,660 and it’s been, what, half a day?

I wasn’t a big fan of MNC plus RTS is a really difficult genre to get right, but the whole premise is cool enough that I’m willing risk my money. Even if Uber fails to deliver a good game, I want to support companies that are willing to experiment with wild ideas like these.

Niven and Pournelle aren’t old-school. They’re classics. You can’t be a fan of science fiction without reading at least Mote any more than you can be a fan of mystery without reading Doyle. :P

I chipped in for this. Dropping an asteroid on someone is worth $15.

Alright, I kicked in just for my Supcom love.

Ah, you can pledge via paypal too. Excellent. I’m in.

Paypal should be a last resort. They’re not counting Paypal towards the all or nothing $900k goal.

They even got the same narrarator from Total Annihilation (TA intro). A bit OTT, but I like where the kickstarter video goes with it. :)

Should easily hit $250k today. Lots of interest in this. :D

This is a pretty cool site to watch the evolution of KS projects!
http://www.kicktraq.com

Planetary Annihilation:

Wow, that site is pretty great. One thing to note is that it seems they’re doing some kind of exponential sliding window for trending. So naturally a project like PA will look great with only the first two data points. KS projects get a huge portion of their money in the first and last day.

Of course, if you browse other projects, you see after the 5th day the average amount of money invested falls drastically. We are still in the second day for this project.
The graph will be useful after a week.

Yep.

Oh and here is an entry on their blog about their trends.

:p

I have no doubt it will trend toward the current goal number!

trending toward: $3,827,276

This is the first project I’ve backed since one of the first KS projects. It looks great. Seems like a great company to work for.

Only a tour of their snack room could tell us if that’s true or not… :p

Holy crap, that’s an awesome tool Turin.

How the hell have you guys not heard about kicktraq? Its been around for months and mentioned in just about every kickstarter post / main thread. Lol.

Heard about what?

According to the first project update, they’ve confirmed DRM free, offline LAN play, and 64-bit support.

Tempted to up my contribution at this point…