A QT3 on Discourse User Script

No problem!

Many thanks, you rock.

Edit: Installed with no issues. Appropriate song:

@ArmandoPenblade @RichVR

If you guys are still using FF and Greasemonkey, I’d recommend now to use either Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey extensions. Greasemonkey is still not fixing bugs for things that have existed for a while, so I’ve dropped them for any sort of user scriptery.

Oh, thanks for the update! It will do my psyche some good for Ignore to start working again.

If you pick Violentmonkey and see any bugs, let me know. I’ll look into them. I use Tampermonkey over on Chrome so that should work I would think.

But pretend the video stops after two seconds cuz end-time links don’t seem to work on embeds.

I didn’t even know you could make a link with an end time. Mind blown.

And if you’re saying it just worked right away with the new extension, then what the hell, Greasemonkey!? Firefox updated to “Quantum” how long ago? More than a year I think. And they still haven’t fixed this stuff. No wonder two newcomer extensions have popped up to fill that void. Sigh.

Yeah, didn’t even have to restart the browser, man. TamperMonkey FTW

@arrendek Ignoring users is now natively supported, can be moved to the obsoleted section!

I mean tbh his (arrendek’s) implementation is significantly better

Yeah I considered dropping it and started “ignoring” users using the native thing and decided it sucked (you literally can’t see their post at all!) and went back to my way.

I used your work around. The problem is that sometimes I had to reload to get it to blur. Otherwise, I am happy now.

OK, fair enough.

Huh. That’s not what people want when they ignore someone?

Not always. I know a lot of wumpus’s sites are sort of single focus, but this site is all over the place. So there are a lot of users who I would like to see their impressions on games, pet pictures, bargain posts, etc, but would never, ever want to even think about their BS in P&R.

The “updated” implementation of ignore here allows you to expand their post but then the actual content is just “ignored content” once you expand. To be honest it’s obviously a bug (probably to avoid the content coming up in a search/find of the page) since given the “ignored content” text there is literally no reason to ever expand the ignored post yet there it is. @stusser it would be cool if you could see if they’ve fixed it, by the by.

Plus it expires after 4 months, which is dumb and just a rationalization wumpus used for himself to understand why literally anyone would ever want to ignore anyone else.

No that’s how they want it, because Twitter works the same way.

/shrug

Ok so shitty ignore feature is confirmed working as designed. :)

I was wrong, it was in fact a bug and that bug has now been squashed!

4 month thing is intentional, but I agree with that one.

I think it entirely defeats the point, but since the only person I was jonesing to use it on left of their own accord I don’t especially care just now.

I’m glad that’s true because it makes way more sense that it’s a bug.