Abigail - Radio Silence (Ready or Not, Scream (2022), Scream VI)

This was some really good fun, and I’m glad I’d stopped watching the trailer halfway through, as soon as I saw what the premise was. (Would have been even happier not knowing even the premise, but then I would never have seen it). It’s a lot gorier than I remember Ready or Not being, but never strays far from comedy or very deep into horror.

Everyone in the cast is absolutely killing it; not because they’ve been given deeply realized characters or amazing dialogue, but because they know they’ve been given stock characters in a B-movie and it feels like they’re having a great time hamming it up.

What is going on with the thread title?

If I were to guess, it’s about a movie named Abigail, done by a director named Radio Silence (his (her?) parents were hippies), who previously directed a movie called Ready or Not, and two Scream movies.

Did I get any of that right?

What intrigues me is that his is allegedly a take on “Dracula’s Daughter”, a little-known b/w sequel to the 1931 Lugosi version. Featuring Edward Sloan as Van Helsing, Gloria Holden in the title role, and some mild pre-Code lesbianism.

Worth watching if you’re ok with it being over 90 years old.