Acer 1401 question

Love my little Acer 1410 except for one issue: the speakers are sooooo low volume as to almost be useless. I’ve checked the volume controls in Windows and everything is cranked up as high as possible.

Anyone else have this problem?

Can you do anything like what’s posted here at the bottom on Expert SEX Change?

The speakers do indeed suck. And it’s the 1410 man!

Can you cut and paste it here? That site wants my credit card number for my free 30 day trial - I’d prefer not to give them that info for one answer.

Common misconception but actually, they don’t. The answer is in plaintext at the bottom of all Expert Sexchange pages. Try reading it again.

Actually…hmm, the link I provided does hide it even though clicking the link in Google search results shows the answer.

Try googling for (it will turn up as the first link) the following exact phrase: How to increase(amplify) the volume of my speakers on my laptop ?

Actually…hmm, the link I provided does hide it even though clicking the link in Google search results shows the answer.

Yep. They uncloak if you come through google, only.

Incidentally, this is part of the reason why we started stackoverflow.com , serverfault.com , and superuser.com etc

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2009/03/whos-your-arch-enemy.html

Thanks. Clicking on the one enhancement helped some but it is still too low.

On another note - I noticed playing back some vocal MP3s (as in Old Time Radio, lectures, etc.) that I am getting some stuttering - actually more quick “pauses” or hesitations in the playback. The same audio files play fine on my other system (just using the WMP that comes with Windows 7.) Since it’s a new computer it’s hard to believe I need to defrag already. Anyone else see anything like this and know a solution?