Age of Empires II HD Coming to Steam

I, too, was thinking this last night. AoM was just such a wonderful game.

Thirded. I’d too love to see this…but Freelancer next please, or I’ll cut a motherfucker.

I am pretty certain you can modify the conf file and it will work with widescreen.

Here: How To Run Rise Of Nations In Widescreen Resolution In Windows 7 - I Have A PC | I Have A PC

Awesome, thanks. IIRC, it’s not that the game wouldn’t run, but that the GUI didn’t scale correctly such that it was effectively broken. If this works you’ll have rescued one of my all-time favorite games from the obscurity of a box in my closet. :)

On the other hand, Age of Mythology is already perfectly playable. So why not just install it now and play it?

Here is what the quick start tutorial looks like at 1920x1080

My kid plays RON all the time at that resolution and loves it. The game certainly holds up.

Haha. You didn’t have to go to the trouble of posting a SS just for my benefit, but now that you have, I’m actually inspired enough to go rummaging through my closet just to find the box.

I really really wish we could hope for another RoN style game someday soon… but that seems less and less likely over time.

I could certainly. But I’m not sure I remember how to open my disk drive, I honestly can’t remember the last time I used it. Much easier to wait for a digital version!

Rise of Nations Gold is coming to Steam in 2013.

!!! That is excellent if true. I dropped out of PC gaming in the early aughts (I was in college and couldn’t afford a machine that could run modern games) so I never got to play Rise of Nations.

OHMYGAAAAAAWWWD. This is the second best piece of news I’ve gotten today. The first was health-related, so yay!!!

Then this is truly great for you because RoN is really one of the finest RTS games ever made.

Yes, yes it is.

Another Brian Reynolds, designer of the sublime Alpha Centauri, masterpiece.

And I just ordered a box copy, damn!

You can all thank me for the incoming Steam release!

Thanks Easter Bunny!! Bok bok!

Official preview stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ageofempires

Woooooo!

Check out that increased population cap.

Wow, awesome video. And how did they put themselves in there? That’s cool!

It’s technology you’re very familiar with, but these days anyone can do it with their web cam and xsplit (streaming/capturing software).