Age of Wonders 3

I think we need more PBEM of this. Feel like this is the one game that shines in MP.

What’s the difference between a location that says “Owner: Independents” and one that says “Owner: Independents (War)”?

With the latter, the units there will attack you. Witht he former, they are neutral towards you.

Ah, so they might venture forth from that spot to attack. Thanks!

Also the aggressive wandering monster stacks have red glyphs on their army banners, where non-aggressive guards have white glyphs.

And some of those can be tier 4 baddies…

Plus I usually have random events turned on, there’s some real mischief to be had when stuff spawns all over the map that has it in for you.

Alright, so do we want to do a comp-stomp to start or something else?

If we have 4 or fewer humans I believe a comp stomp would be good. 1 team of humans and that number of bots at Lord level would be a good introductory comp stop. If we have more than 4 humans, I would voter for a PvP game with a few bots tossed in for good measure.

Also, are we playing sans all mods? I know a lot of folks like the Empire Building mod, which I tried but did not keep. For multiplayer I think I prefer a pure mod-free game.

I love the random events. I particularly like “Rise of the Dire Penguins” b/c penguins. I also like “Rise of the Necromancer” and “Rise of the Lich Queen” b/c those death magic people will mess you up if you are not paying attention. I had a single life-stealing, dead-raising necro, after my high elf archers shot his minions to bits, proceed to slice and dice 2 stacks of archers. Basically after 3 rounds, it was 1 v 12 and the single Necro won.

I tend to get messed up when about half my cities suddenly have to deal with a bunch of Archon Titans or Bone Collectors or Dragons. Sounds like you ran into a mean necrco, haha. I think the random events definitely spice things up, you can be on quite the roll and suddenly you’re put in a big hurt and have to really do some work to keep from losing cities (I’ve lost my fair share both to these events and to enemy AI). It’s one of the reasons I still play this game and can’t be bothered with Civ (I don’t honestly recall the last time I lost a city in Civ, probably it was back in IV).

I’m up for a comp stomp.

I’d be up for a PvP. Never really been into comp stomp much.

I’m really wanting to return to this and give it a proper go outside the campaign, which was as dull as dishwater. Would there be any objections to a noob joining in? No worries if not. I’m away for a week or so after this Friday though.

I haven’t played this in months, and even then I never got too deep into it. I played during a few scenarios of the first campaign and one or two skirmishes. I think it’s got great design but I got distracted by something shiny. I’d be interested in checking out some mp if the timing works (I’m on west coast time but I usually go to bed early). Pm me.

I should be available this weekend for a game or 2. ☺

I’d be up for jumping into an async game as well.

Alright, 2 games setup under Multiplayer -> PBEM

qt3compstomp
Large land, 8 player (4 AI), default, only conquest

qt3murderfest
Medium land, 6 player, locked teams (no alliances), default, all victory enabled (60 seal, 2 unity)

Password for both are qt3

Alright, signed up for the comp stomp. I shall defeat the bots with my High Elf Muskateers.

I’ve joined the comp stomp and gone for a Goblin Theocrat.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. I’ll duck out because it seems unfair to hop in and keep everyone waiting for over a week.

Joined the comp stomp as an Elven Warlord.