Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

Oh man in my most recent game, what a rollercoaster.

I (Syndicate) expanded, got my 2nd city, lost it to independents, got a force to take it back, then noticed other peoples’ borders were getting closer, decided to take my whole army to the nearest AI, who was at war with another AI (Amazon,) and had her capital lightly defended.

i took that, and next turn I noticed she was in a strong army, next to my strong army, so I decided to try for it, seeing as I had her HQ.

Tough fight, but I killed her.

That was good, because with her capital I now had 3 cities, and about 5 empty cities.

I bought some with influence and took some others, then got a rude awakening from the east, near my capital, when 2 AIs declared war on me, and one (Amazon) invaded with a huge army.

I blunted them at my capital, hoping that after that they’d come after my other cities (sometimes I do the same, sometimes I entrench in a captured city) which they did.

Luckily my starting armies, now fully modded and experienced, were not there when my original HQ fell, so I was able to muster a tonne of Huntresses as cannon fodder and trap the 2nd Amazon AI’s army in an open battle, where force of numbers forced the matter.

I then grouped my guys together, and reclaimed my HQ, which was lightly defended, which should have been a warning, but I hadn’t seen 2 full AI stacks leave the city and go after my main cosmite city.

They showed up and all I had was a hero and my garisson defending.

12 units against 9.

Really bloody fight, which I cheesed :P by running away (after 5 turns no damage the fight ends.)

First time I have deliberately used cheese, and don’t worry, I’ll be reporting it to Triumph!

Anyway, my hero survived with 4 hp and the enemy has 2 units, with full health.

And that is when I saved the game and went for dinner.