Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

Smiles.

Layers and layers.

Dvar get bonus production from the beginning because eof their prospectors.

And now need less production for rushing.

Means you could conceivably rush on consecutive turns even in the early game.

And this advantage compounds over time, so mid to late game, multiple cities, you could rush out t2 or even t3 units every turn, or all cities on the same turn, getting an extra stack onto the field.

Given that you don’t use many stacks, an extra stack makes a big difference.

Personally, I’m inclined to think the Kirko one isn’t that great.

Again, limited stack amounts and the issue of clicking on multiple stacks etc mean, to me, being able to field extra stacks of lower level units won’t be really noticeable until later in the game, at which point a tech lead is imho more valuable.

The Syndicate having an extra doctrine could be good.

Triumph’s new home looks gorgeous.

They have more windows in that building than the last 4 companies I worked at combined.

D:

I hope no one there is thinking of throwing stones.

Or changing their clothes lol. Wow. Stunning architecture but it reminds me of the “Exhibitory” from a Jack Vance novel where criminals were incarcerated in transparent cubes all stacked on top of each other as an example not to run guns to the natives.

I feel naked looking at that building.

Eh. I wouldn’t be too upset personally. We’ve all seen naked bodies & similar modernist styles have been around for nearly 100 years. We Americans can be weirdly Victorian & prudish.
DIego

It’s going to get warm in summer.

You’ve never been to the Netherlands, have you?

:)

Well, even so.

Actually the past few summers have been getting increasingly warmer, a couple of weeks a summer will hit mid/high thirties to low forties. Personally it hasn’t been fun xD

The glass on the new building actually has a special coating that helps to dim the sun light and generated heat (and phone signal) as well as a proper Airco system. Summer heat should be less off an issue, but there is only one way to figure that out.

Triumphcon!

Let us invade… Errr visit TS.

So another random question I couldn’t find answer to Googling. Any way to mod militia units? Also any way to see what militia units a colony has stationed there.

Hey Jason, you can’t mod Militia Units. They can only be upgraded through the Military Infrastructure Improvements. You can see which units are part of the Militia by hovering over the Colony Militia Power in the Colony View.

Thanks for the answer.

Yeah, I missed last year’s heat wave as I was abroad, but fair point! The weather in this country is terrible regardless. :-P

FWIW: I friggin’ love the implementation of militias in Planetfall. It’s not the weirdly chunky free defenses of Civ V – they require some investment and maintenance – but they’re also absolutely relevant without being insurmountable later.

Also, man, I just adore the balance Triumph achieved with sieges in Planetfall. Fun bonuses, disposable militia, and favorable terrain for the defenders but not with the hard “bring fliers or wall-busters” dependency of AoW3. So good.

In the same vein, that all-glass architecture reminds me of the original vision of the “Panopticon” for the penitentiary. 19th-century American criminologists thought a prison with lots of visibility would enhance rehabilitation, sort of like allowing light to cleanse the soul. And, more practically, allowing prison guards to see what was going on.

I started playing this game last week. Still on the 2nd campaign but so far so good.

It reminds of Gladius Relics of War, but with a bit more building involved.

My big question is how is the AI at higher levels? I realized the AI is a set at very Easy for the tutorial early campaign. The tactical AI isn’t great but it doesn’t suck at the Civ VI levels. Does it get better at higher levels or does the AI just get production bonus or hit bonuses at tactical level?

Also if I just want start a new planet with no scenarios how do I do that?