Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

Even though I don’t play much online and probably haven’t at all in years, I’d probably be willing to give it a try with you guys if there is interest.

I remember the AOW3 multiplayer I did was Tom years ago on here where I spent too much time building up.

I’d be up/ down for a game.

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon and used that new GMG 25% off voucher they sent me to pick up the Premium edition. My GTX 960 (4GB) is not the best but it falls somewhere in the middle of the requirements so hoping it’ll make do.

You can get it today from GMG at 20% off using coupon code NEW20. I bought the premium edition at that price. No 25% off in my email :(

Just 4 weeks until release! Still, we keep the Planetfall dev journals coming. In today’s diary we take a deep look at the Spacers NPC Faction.

they had me at ‘debauchery’

Is it just me or is the aesthetic a bit Endless-y? Like Endless Space or Legends. I haven’t even seen the game in action but just from glancing at a few screen shots it almost reminds me more of those games than Age of Wonders 3.

Endless-X has a very distinctive look I don’t really see at all in AoW/Planetfall. They both seem very distinct to me, but I’ve also watched quite a bit of footage and played quite a bit of Endless Fantasy. You probably just need to actually see it in action.

Unless you mean “isometric perspective” I suppose, then yes, that’s true, they both have an isometric perspective.

Those don’t look anything the same to me.

I’m convinced I’m going to want to play this. Are there any preorder deals still floating around?

GMG has it a little cheaper, $43 I think for the regular edition (14% or nine bucks off).

@Chris_Gwinn If you are lucky enough to get that GMG 22-25% off deal, that’s the way to go, it seems. I picked up the Premium Edition with a second round of 25% off codes, then saw a 22% off one after that.

Note: GMG Summer sale starts on the 17.

I guess they probably will not have this on sale, but those that haven’t gotten it yet might as well wait a few days …

GMG has a 20% off coming soon games, that includes Planetfall. @Chris_Gwinn

SAVE20

An update on my earlier complaint about how gigantic the temporary streaming guy is for the weekly Planetfall stream on \paradoxinteractive (he’ll be airing in a few hours today, his third week of streaming while the normal guys are on vacation). First, an example as I talked about this in another thread (about Twitch):

This guy has been filling in and I’ve found him somewhat unwatchable - he’s got a bit of a tick where he does a little giggle after some of the things he says, randomly. I don’t begrudge someone an random tick like that, and usually that sort of thing doesn’t bother me, but for some reason this one does and I had to stop watching the weekly stream when he took over.

But the other issue I had is he makes himself such a huuuuge part of the screen. I think it’s wildly unnecessary and if anyone else felt the same, possible good news:

So while his mild giggle might still cause me to bail, I’ll give it another shot here in a bit.

Look what you caused Scott…

LOL those monsters.

Ok yep, the giggle, whoa.

Its like every 30 seconds. D:

OH GOD HIS HAIRLINE – or lack thereof – DISTURBS ME SO AND I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHY.