Agents of Mayhem - Volition's post Saints IP

Aww, I think that’s pretty awesome, @Tohree. It might not have multiplayer, but it can still bring a family together. :)

-Tom

Sounds like you created a common interest with your daughter which is always a great thing!

A nice cutscene/trailer for AoM from the Fortiche Productions people who did League of Legends’ “Popstar” video.

Apparently this was one of the games on Xbox that ran with an unlocked frame rate, and so that means that it runs really well on the Xbox Series X.

It’s a good thing that I bought it but never got around to installing it yet!

Maybe once I’m done rediscovering Just Cause 3, it will be time to try out Agents of Mayhem.

Will this also be true on a PS5? The article doesn’t say, but I’m willing to lose some SSD space to find out. Except I’m really not one of those people who really notices the difference between 30 and 60 FPS most of the time, so perhaps I’m not the best person to test this.

I tried playing this the other day and had horrible frame rate issues. On a 2080ti at 1440p. It made me sad. I was excited to try it.

Yes, it’ll run at 60fps on PS5.

Maybe there’s some unnecessary setting like high shadows or something that needs to be turned down without much impact on visuals? I bet it’s something like that.

This should not be happening. If you can run Saints Row, you should be able to run Agents of Mayhem.

-Tom

By the way that article mentioned that the Agents of Mayhem setting is based on the “Universal Reset” ending of Gat out of Hell.

I’m a huge fan of Saints Row IV, so I guess I need to play Gat out of Hell as well. And THEN Agents of Mayhem.

Welp I seem to have found it. Turning off motion blur, which apparently causes this problem a lot on higher-end cards, did the trick. YAY!

I started a new game on my new xbox Series S. Wow, finally, smooth 60 FPS on my big screen (I used to play it on PS4, it was good, but it had some FPS issues here and there and ran only 30 FPS mostly).

Perfect comfort food, when I get trouble in The Ascent. Also Quick Resume helps to just jump into AoM and play a few missions.

Pretty cool breakdown of how AoM became the basically singular experience that it is, with an interview of lead writer Jason L. Blair. He talks in detail about how the agents were designed, how they split from the Saints Row universe, and the DLC that would have been had the game been more successful - including a DLC expansion with a look at some cut agents (Houston…)