Agents of Mayhem - Volition's post Saints IP

Not sure if it was mentioned but this new game ties into one of the possible endings from Gat out of Hell. I saw it mentioned in one of the hour long preview streams.

One of the 5 possible GAT out of Hell endings:

Reshape the Universe

God will remake Earth, but he will do so at the cost of the Saints. Everyone you once knew will be gone, and they have lived totally different lives in this universe.

It makes the summary of the story of Agents of Mayhem is make so much more sense.

In Agents of MAYHEM, you run a no-holds barred operation against a shadowy super-villain organization known only as LEGION and their mysterious leader, the Morningstar. Following the global attacks on Devil’s Night, cities of the world are held by the LEGION’s Ministries, bands of powerful villains named for the Seven Deadly Sins. Seoul is the personal domain of LEGION’s mad scientists, the Ministry of Pride – Doctor Babylon and his rogue’s gallery of supporting villains.

You play as a variety of Super Agents – each with their own distinct look, personality, weapons, and skills. Explore the city of Seoul to rout out LEGION operatives and their vile plans to take over the world.

MAYHEM’s Agents have a license to do what the hell they want, so long as they do whatever it takes to grow the agency and ultimately defeat LEGION.

@tomchick my post above applies to your question in your most recent Agents video , of how this ties into the Saints Row series. :)

Explanations!

This game has 15 difficulty levels! Because REASONS!

Wow, this comes out in 8 days?

Wallet threat level raised.

Tom streamed this lastnight, I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, but it does look good.

Also pretty good preview write up here:

Is it gauche to link your own Tweet?

-Tom

Whoa. This is comparable to FF? Wallet threat level “Trump’s Fire and Fury”.

Oh man, the marketing for this had me convinced I could ignore this game entirely up til now.

Tom’s late night stream already has the best box quote. “I cooed with pleasure.”

And apparently this game is an ARPG.

Oh great, another one I need to buy where I thought I could just pass.

“Damn you Tom!”, says my wallet.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. That’s some kind of crazy good comparison. Do the Agents and the game world really have the personality of Freedom Force?

http://i.imgur.com/QONVIyz.gif

Wait… how many Tom stars is 110 score? :O

Yes45

-Tom

Its funny, because Toms stream made me a lot more interested in the game, than the crude trailers they have released so far. Actually- his stream made me VERY interested in the game!

I believe it’s “Holy cats”. Very excited to try this now.

Tom is apparently releasing a review on Monday 8/14/17 (embargo lifts that day) according to his twitter.

I know posting tweets is deprecated (rightly), but that does seem like one time it would have been appropriate.

@rhamorim did post the tweet. I was just saying Tom commented on his own tweet that he was doing a review for release on Monday.

And apparently you can link to comments in a previous tweet! I do not use twitter at all, so this is new to me. :p

I have no idea how this game plays but I just bought it based on Saints Row and Tom’s glowing feedback.

Looking forward to the release!