Agents of Mayhem - Volition's post Saints IP

Heh, I played through Gat out of Hell over the weekend. Made me super happy I get to play another game by these guys this week.

I feel like this game is going to bomb pretty hard. Bad marketing and gameplay that is hard to boil down into easy to parse summaries.

The good news is that outside of the leaderboard stuff, it’s largely singleplayer, so low playercount won’t really matter to those that do play it.

I hope it doesn’t bomb.

Yeah just about everywhere I read the feeling is “eh maybe it will be ok”… Probably be half off by the winter sale.

nGAF officially branded it Agents of Maybe, someone even made a poster, lol.

Not tying this to the Saints Row brand was a huge, HUGE fucking mistake. I am talking Xbox One original launch level mistake – potentially fatal.

It’s probably too late to tell you guys this, but Agents of Mayhem is way better if you don’t watch trailers. :(

Do you guys really think it’s going to bomb? That’s surprising to me, but I haven’t followed any of the marketing, PR, or online reactions.

-Tom

It is #2 on Steam’s top sellers list.

Some brutal comments on that launch trailer…

Who am I gonna call? Nobody cause there is no co-op.

The co-op in SR4 never worked right for me on PC so I welcome it being gone entirely. It’s the reason I never went back to finish it.

Good read…

No one has! Because they don’t exist!

This could be a brilliant marketing strategy. Do no marketing at all, let the internet troll itself into a froth, profit. Save a bunch of money in the process.

Indeed. Until very recently, this game has been a name with no substance or marketing. Nothing to build up hype or expectations.

This thread is the only reason I’m mildly curious.

A better read!

Sounds right up my alley, especially since Tom was trying not to spill the beans about its greatness in the Just Cause 3 thread. :)

Even better, John Walker disliked it. In particular he felt the game having no discernible player hit feedback ruined it.

Wow gamespot hated the shit out of this game, 4/10. Seems to be an outlier on metacritic though.

ACG review:

Yeah the reviews are all over the place on this one…Seems like a hard title to pigeon hole into any one column…

I have a PS4 Pro and a very shiny PC. Any idea which is the better platform for this?

Polygon didn’t like it either.

While forging its own path, Agents of Mayhem has discarded a few key components from its predecessor. Namely: humor, coherence and charm.

Polygon is horrible, so it’s easy to ignore