AI Text generation: Scary good

Completing To Autumn by Keats

I put some science into it and got more attention whores. (What’s up with the big _________?)

Yeah, you need to click the button again. Don’t go with the first try.

It’s very good at actual trump.

That passes the Trump “turing” test 100%. I would never doubt it.

Completion

You put in text, and the AI completes it. Maybe 1 out of every 5 attempts is uncannily great. Keep in mind that a human did not write the non-bold text below. You can’t google it.

’make sure no one is watching:

’make sure you’re at the right place:

Don’t just copy-paste into other accounts: Google will delete your account if you do.

I love the poetry results. Here’s Hopkins:

As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame;
As tumbled over rim in roundy wells
Stones ring; like each tucked string tells, each hung bell’s
Bow swung finds tongue to fling out broad its name;

And so for three hours with the wind’s gentle sway
Mightily through the woods with an echo from afar;
The song grew louder with each swing; sounds of the deep-throated call
And the wail of the dead bird’s wing, and the sigh of the bony sparrow
Sound like the echo from the mountains to the far-off sea
As each beat of the bow, and fell, and fell again, and rose;
To the thundering blast of the water and the storm-tossed roar
Of the sea’s wild roar, and the soft-voiced cry of the birds,
With its sound of a long day’s journey.

Amazing, that a human didn’t write it.

Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but with a whimper.

Not in haste but in slumber.

All through the night

The light is not dim.

Not all on fire from the fire but a faint glow,

No fire except in the soul.

The spirit is not in flame

But we believe the spirit may be.

For Thine is the light that lightens the darkness,

For Thine is

A shadow which will rise when it is no longer seen.

All through the night

The light is not dim

Not all on fire from the fire nor a faint glow, but no fire except in the soul

The spirit is not in flame

But

we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

In the name of God our Savior Jesus Christ, amen!

Ladies and gentlemen:

My fellow citizens:

I am writing this letter on the eve of the day on which all the citizens of the free State of Vermont who live in areas controlled by the Soviet empire will hold rallies and parades as part of our State Labor Day celebration.

On this Labor Day weekend, it will be necessary in both the public and private sphere to recall in an urgent, unequivocal way the tragic events of December 22, 1940 in Kaunas in Lithuania, and of May 11, 1941 in Berlin, where the Soviets had been able, in spite of the best efforts of the Third Reich, to drive a wedge into the heart of Western Democracy, and there succeeded in driving that wedge deeper and deeper until it had split Europe in two, not into two nations like we all imagine, but into two peoples.

I have a bad case of diarrhea.

It’s a mild infection that I can pass on without the risk of developing diarrhea.

I have an ulcer on my right side.

My doctor was unable to treat it, but he can see me through the night.

I have a bad headache.

The pain has gone back to normal, but my heart is weak.

I miss my dentist.

I miss my mother.

I miss my job.

I miss my friends.

I miss the excitement of being younger.

I miss my old friends.

I miss my family.

I miss my wife.

I miss my health insurance plan at work.

I miss the feeling I used to get at a rock concerts, when I got to share the stage with the band.

I miss the feeling of being able to play a song and sing along with the crowd.

I miss the feeling of getting home after the concert to know you are okay.

I miss the feeling of being able

Wow, I had no idea that single sentence was actually a doorway into my soul.

Literally burst out laughing at this. I also think it did a great job with Lovecraft. Looking forward to Moby-Dick II: The Legend of Ahab’s Gold.

There’s a compelling alternate history here.

Not 100% sure I would call it “compelling,” but if you want mundane alternate history the like of which I don’t believe has been attempted before or since, check out For Want of a Nail by Robert Sobel.

Sadly, AI’s still don’t like humor.

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Who’s there? Come on, who’s there?

Let’s try an iconic start:

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
What happened after? We will never know – he died in his sleep.

Nevermind…

Probably an improvement on King’s work, honestly.

What is it, what nameless, inscrutable, unearthly thing is it; what cozening, hidden lord and master, and cruel, remorseless emperor commands me; that against all natural lovings and longings, I so keep pushing, and crowding, and jamming myself on all the time; recklessly making me ready to do what in my own proper, natural heart, I durst not so much as dare? Is Ahab, Ahab? Is it I, God, or who, that lifts this arm? Is it I, that with a cry springs from him the lightning which sends down my blood? Is it I, what with a roar the great water swells? Is it I, that with a cry and with an explosion of flame the great ship is torn to pieces? Is it I, that, with those horrible shrieks, and with those terrible shrieks, makes all those men to the bottom, and all those women to the top dead? Have I, that with a scream and with a shriek and a roar, drives all the people to a heap, and…

Dang, son. That’s a good one.

what the fuck

I kind of want to use this to auto-generate FAQs for games that don’t exist.

…is! (It’s also why you have to re-level your Porgs just before you can use them on the last stage of an Overdrive! Or at least do it before you use them on the last stage in the Overdrive process!) For the next phase of the Overdrive process, there’s one more element that will become evident: you need to remember that your Porgs also gain and lose line breaks! The good news is that there’s a way of using that information, so you’ll be able to get a good idea of what…

Another:

…is.
Once you understand the core mechanics of Overdrive, then you can do some fun stuff. For example, you can start playing around with the following combination of F1, F2, R2 and R3, which will put your Popi into an Overdrive state:
1: F1 for a 3 turn Overdrive;
2: F1 for an Overdrive;
3: F2 for an Overdrive;
4: R3 for a 1 turn Overdrive.
And remember: only the first two F1 are required.

I could kinda do that all day. I also got some really good ones that brought in polearms and AP.