AI War 2

Other than the sluggish camera controls, primitive UI, and retina-searing neon glow to the units, I’m finding a lot to like.

I hope Chris is alright. I saw this posted as a news update on Steam.

Crap. That sounds bad. Sounds like he just found out about a disease for himself or someone he loves who is close to him.

god, I hope it turns out better than it sounds. He needs to put his and his loved ones’ health first.

Send him all the good vibes you have.

Feels like an unexpected divorce demand or something similar like a family member with issues; he could easily disclose a disease or something similar. No reason to bring that up, be secretive about it, but talk about disclosing it once it’s over.

I hope whatever it is works out for him, and I am also happy that he has a team in place that is helping to carry the ball. I just hope that they can do right by it.

Bingo. A video just went up explaining what has been going on.

Thanks for posting the update! I’m so glad it’s not a terminal illness of some sort. I’ve been through a bombshell/complete surprise divorce beforehand, so I can understand what that can completely upend his life. Especially since he’s been married his entire adult life.

Hopefully he can move forward and get things back on track with his life now.

Yeah. I was afraid of that. Having gone through it myself, I went a little nuts back when it happened in studying these sort of surprise marital break-ups. Read a ton of books on it, internet forums, etc. There are things that happen that you originally think must only be in your case, that when you look at others’ experiences you suddenly realize are part of a very recognizable pattern (literally down to the words that people say, how people react to it, etc.). I have my guesses as to some other things that may have happened, but I’ll keep that to myself.

I feel for the guy. He’s clearly still trying to process it - being blindsided by something like this is to this point the worst experience I have ever had.

I’ve been pronouncing Arcen wrong this whole time.

Oh good, it’s not just me.

Glad he made that video. He told me about it a while ago but I kept it quite, of course. Poor guy.

This makes me want to finally buy the original AI War games to support him. Dang, you can tell how hard this hit him and how hard it was to make that video.

I’d be interested in hearing more about this.

Wise fwom the gwave!

Release is scheduled for October 22nd. Arcen Games has been downsized to basically a one-man operation and the game has seen a redesign or two in its three years of early access so I have no idea what to expect.

I’ve tried some of the latest build. I think Arcen nailed the brief of being “AI War but better”. Will it be the success the first one was? Chris is understandably very nervous about the release.

I don’t know much about Arcen games, but I always thought they were a 2-man operation anyway.

They had expanded to a handful for a while, then it was him and Keith, then Keith part time, and now it sounds like just him. I think, anyway, I didn’t document it or follow that closely. :)

You sound like the priest from The Princess Bride.😀

(sigh), children.

Wait, he lost Keith entirely? That would be… bad. I’ve just installed this - not sure when I’ll get to it. I’m certainly in favor of the “back to basics” approach, though.