AI War 2

Just going off of his latest update, he says he’s “basically a one man shop now” so that is how I interpreted it.

Yikes, I missed that (in fact, looking through my email it doesn’t look like I got it - though I did get the new Backerkit stuff). That’s definitely troubling.

He’s been through a lot the past couple of years, so kudos to him for getting to the finish line. I did the tutorial bit a while back, but haven’t messed with it enough to see if it is less complex to get into than the original.

Is the tutorial like 5 hours long again?

He’s such a great guy too. I feel so bad for him (them) going through all that. So talented.

No, unless it has changed it was a real short thing.

Hey man, that was a training game (and a damn fun one)!

I backed this to support Arcen, but I hope he changed the text color a little. The first game has bright white on a dark black background and that kills my eyes after about 45 seconds and then I get a headache.

I had a lot of fun for a hour or two with this about 8 months ago, then shelved it to wait for 1.0. Looking forward to giving this a try again next week!

Hmm, I don’t know, that trailer makes it sound like humanity is just getting what it deserves.

A quick glance (while I should be working) appears to confirm that it’s very AI War, and that’s about the highest praise I can give a game. Looking forward to diving in properly!

I’m sure I will get this. According to Steam I have 18.8 hours in the original, and that was 100% in the tutorial, which I played like four times.

aw man, I’m psyched for this one. been patiently waiting for it to be done to fire it up.

What would you think about updating the thread title? I know some people avoid anything Kickstarter-related and I figure they might not realize the game is being released now (as opposed to discussing the Kickstarter campaign).

Done! I thought about some snarky subtitle but decided to keep it clean and simple.

Ditto. Steam shows 577 hours in the original game, but I played it for years before I got it on Steam. I can only imagine what that number should look like. It’s one of the all-time greats, and this looks to be a proper follow up.

Anyone who played EA want to comment on the UI? I really liked the idea of the first one, but the tiny unreadable icons and text everywhere just killed my ability to play it.

lolololol.

Where did the AI War 2 , kickstarter thread go?