Alice in Borderland - Netflix

Same everywhere, including Japan. The whole season at once on Netflix.

That explains the structure (or lack thereof) then. This season is basically structured as one long story, without any real episode structure. That’s fine for binge viewing but if you are watching an episode at a time, it’s going to be choppy.

OK, without spoilers, in a later episode there is a gun battle sequence that to an American viewer is laughably poor. Kinda like the episode in S1 with the bad-CGI Great Cats that was not well done. OTOH, there is a later episode featuring Chishiya that was outstanding. The action in this show is not it’s strong point; the mind games are.

I’m six episodes into season 2 and I agree with this, though there was some good parkour in the game set in among the empty cargo units.

One thing that seems inconsistent is the visa thing. Ann is on a long, exploratory hike and seems to not have a worry about getting her brain laser-drilled. Also, why does the King of Spades get to wander around and be a murder machine while the other face cards are confined to much smaller games?

Of course the mystery behind it all is one of the driving forces for watching. I want to see why they are there and who is behind it and what it all means! I’ll finish it today and perhaps know.

Just finished season 2. While I was mostly enjoying it, the final episode is, like, legendarily bad. Maybe one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Simultaneously boring, nonsensical, and unoriginal. Just so, so bad.