Alien movie from Fede Alvarez and Hulu?

As with so many other elements of that movie, you’re going to find bits and pieces throughout all horror, and 99% of the time, they will be done poorly. See also, inbred families, Southerners, folks with disabilities represented as monstrous, and especially cannibalism, which isn’t even present in the movie, and is only arguably even implied. Texas Chainsaw Massacre set the stage for decades of idiots who didn’t understand its appeal, or sometimes what they were even seeing!

Hmm, actually, now I wonder if there are horror movies with dumb kids driving somewhere that predate Texas Chainsaw Massacre. My own favorite instance was Drew Goddard riffing on it with Cabin in the Woods. It wasn’t as self-aware about it as it was with “the harbinger”, but I’m convinced it’s there.

EDIT: Oooh, ooh, I knew I was forgetting one. Here’s one that really stands out for me: Carriers! A horror movie that opens with a bunch of kids in a car driving to vacation or some such thing…but with an awesome twist that establishes the premise of the movie.