Aliens: Fireteam - Left 3 Dead with Xenos

I can verify from playing on Intense last night with @justaguy2 that I got a core mod I’d never seen before, and I’d long since stopped getting mod rewards on Casual and Standard.

-Tom

Today’s patch added quickplay!

And it seems to work just fine. You choose a difficulty level and whether you want cards enabled. In less than 30 seconds, I got into a mission on Intense with two randos who knew what they were doing. It’s still astonishing to me that this wasn’t in the game from the get-go, but better late than never!

-Tom

Yikes.

I didn’t even know this had seasons. Yet alone the 2nd has started!

And a roadmap!

It’s on Game Pass now.

Yeah! And on Game Pass!

…and I can’t find anyone on the public matchmaking to play the first missions, in Standard difficulty at least.

My entire time playing (a few weeks ago), I only saw one other player ever. I’d have hoped Game Pass would have brought in a new crowd.

I downloaded and installed, but won’t have time till Friday.

Me too. But here I am, 4 minutes already in the queue, alone…

edit: I got real people on the third mission!

Boo, it appears that GamePass and Steam don’t have crossplay.

been playing and streaming last day or so on xbox, will be doing more after lunch. loving everything about it so far except the cursor and quickplay locked behind campaign completion.

That’d explain the lack of new players showing up. That’s too bad.

I didn’t like the game a lot and stopped playing already. Reasons:

I like third person shooters less than FPS.
The mission design tend to make the pace feel like a slog. One ‘last stand’ defense moment is cool and good, having several in one mission is too much.
Something I intermediately noticed is how your weapons magically stop affecting or interacting with aliens the moment their death animations starts, it makes the shooting a bit more fake.
The performance is a bit iffy, in comparison with other games.
In five missions I only got players in one of them.
Special aliens tend to be too tanky.
Combat against synths is dogshit. They have too much hp and it turns the game into a cover based shooter (eww).
I’m returning now Back 4 Blood, I was waiting the December update to come back to it (in reality I only played 3 or 4 days before stopping because it seemed to need more time in the oven).

As far as I’m aware, Game Pass games never have crossplay with Steam, unless they’re using a completely proprietary multiplayer setup to allow cross platform play with consoles/mobile. Maybe this will change when they open up the MS Store file structure, but I wouldn’t count on it.

It doesn’t have anything to do with MS store file structure, surely it’s more related to devs using Steamworks mp api… which surprise surprise, only serves to connect to Steam games. Which is why is a free api given by Valve, they aren’t stupid.

I’ve played several games with crossplay. Humankind is PC-only but I play with a mix of Steam and Game Pass friends, for example. Age of Empires 4 (a Microsoft game, no less!) also works this way.

Back 4 Blood also does crossplay.

Played an hour single player, then came back to it only to realise all progress was lost. The Steam forum has the developer saying this is a known issue.

Seriously, as far as bugs go, this is the worst. There are apparently people who made it much further in game who have also gotten wiped.

several games have crossplay steam to xbox and ms store pc, this one just doesn’t. ascent and anvil both do it just fine for example.