All good demons go to... um... sequel? - Diablo 3 Announced

Get your wrist splints out, the carpel tunnel inducing sequel to Diablo II has finally been announced: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

So, beside the graphic, anything new?

Oh my goodness.

HRose is edgy, guys.

I don’t know what you’re talking about since I have HRose on ignore but that Diablo 3 announcement sounds great. It’s just like Diablo 2 except prettier and with more stuff! And no stupid MMO subscription pricing model. That’s exactly what I wanted. Too bad it won’t be out for another two years.

I think it looks fantastic. The amount of polish shown in the gameplay trailer is stunning - most games never achieve such heights. And we’re still looking at at least two years of added development time.

Yeah, the sad fact is that it’s a Blizzard game and it will inevitably be delayed for years. On the other hand, I’ve been wanting this game for a decade now so I can wait a while longer. And HRose can get bent, who needs new when the old is so damn good.

That trailer literally gave me goosebumps. Fantastic. I doubt I could be more excited for a game. Seriously.

Looks like it’s not an FPS.

Or a 4X Strategy game.

Looks fantastic to me. Sign me up. :)

I started giggling like a little girl as I played the cinematic intro teaser. Honestly, how can Blizzard continue be so frickin better than anyone else at these cinematics? It’s amazing.

Did they confirm that?

The evolution from Diablo2 to Diablo3 is exactly what Fallout fans wanted for their favorite licence. It’s a dilemma for QT3 members: support Diablo3 or Fallout3 … or act like hypocrites.

Let’s put it in another way, what is there in that trailer that can’t be found in Titan Quest (beside, again, the graphic)?

You talk about “polish” but what makes you think of it (beside the graphic)?

What I see from the trailer is that it’s Diablo with physics, that is pretty much what Titan Quest was already. So my reaction is “Uhm, I already played that game” (beside the graphic).

How much substance is there beside the understandable hype? Not all game companies can stay alive by making the same game over and over again.

But i wanted Diablo with Guns!

The evolution from Diablo2 to Diablo3 is exactly what Fallout fans wanted for their favorite licence. It’s a dilemma for QT3 members: support Diablo3 or Fallout3 … or act like hypocrites.

Or you could just support good games, whatever their format.

I like how he attempted to call NMA “Fallout Fans”.

What the hell? That’s a bit silly. I’m looking forward to both games. Your false dilemma doesn’t faze me.

They said Diablo 3 has a complete adventure that’s playable solo, and that it supports Battle.net for cooperative gameplay. I think that rules out any kind of subscription fees.

Anyway, that gameplay trailer is simply amazing. “You’ve seen walls of ice, fire, and bones… but have you ever seen a wall of ZOMBIES?” Animated and destructible 3D environments, monsters can fall off bridges and get crushed by walls, chests can be trapped, enemies can block attacks with shields… it’s like they went through a wish list of action RPG features!

Just one thing worries me – the environments look like they can’t possibly be randomly generated. Perhaps they’ll surprise us but I’d rather expect some kind of Titan Quest combination of fixed environments and random creatures & loot.