All You Need is Tom Cruise in The Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

a better example of what the augmentation might be for (Comic-Con)…

It looks too much like it’s “on” him when it should look like he’s “in” it.

Which in turn give the impression it would be more hindering than augmenting him.

I just bought and read the book. Really enjoyed it. Even now, I am pretty sure the book will be better than the movie!

Man I hope that’s not what Cruise-in-his-suit looks like in the movie. Too toy like.

I imagine that’s the point, to sell action figures.

When I first saw the title, I thought it was going to be the movie version of the Wendi Malick Hot in Cleveland character’s soap opera. I’m not sure which would turn out better.

And the first trailer is out:

— Alan

Are they carrying W40K style (or perhaps FF7 style, given the size) power swords? Seems out of place in the not-so-distant-future setting.

Welp, I’m definitely seeing that.

Yeah, snark about Cruise or not, that looks pretty good.

I enjoy Cruise a lot in silly action flicks. Knight and Day, for example? Looooved it.

Hmm, Groundhog Day in space. Fair enough.

Yay for Emily Blunt, but man that suit looks ungainly as hell. Even when he’s badass, he looks more like the suit is constantly in danger of falling apart.

Well considering the basis of the story, not really surprising. Japanese lovvvvve their big swords.

— Alan

Starship Troopers meets Groundhog Day.

Netflix.

I know its a movie but another example of some sort of military power armor where the soldier is completely exposed to harm? Can’t they put the slightest effort to logic when coming up with this stuff?

Where’s the logic in hiding the movie star?

Worked for Iron Man.

That was an actor, not a movie star. ;)