Amazing Race 34 - The Return Of Shecky, The Comedy Camel

I liked the mega legs better when the teams didn’t know they were still racing until they hit the first mat.

Two teams getting annoying. One has been slightly leaning this way already. One comes from out of nowhere to get into contention for the Broken Ox trophy. Then one team seems to get things back together and one takes it to the mat as a walking talking generational stereotype. Yuck.

Even with the final ‘Yuck’ this is a super fun group of teams and a pretty great race so far.

Agreed.

I like the motivational speaker!

I think it’s kind of cool that this is the type of person that clearly, clearly could use a motivational speaker at times, so she understands!

The only part that bothered me is that she’s neither the driver, nor the navigator, so she doesn’t get the right to complain in that situation. Either help out in some way, or just be positive. :)

No, I was talking about the daughter in the father-daughter team, as you’ll see when you hit the last half of the episode.

Looking back at my own life, I’ve behaved like that myself, to my embarrassment, with my dad. But in my defense, I was 7 or 8 years old. As you grow up, you learn not to act like that and to keep that kind of thing internal.

I did wonder about that. It is strange that you can have an adult child still behaving this way.

Ya, she kind of annoys because Motivational Speaker for Middle-schoolers equals Tik-Tok level platitudes and a mishmash of New Age too. But…she pulled herself together and was in a pretty good place by the end. So I was bummed when they came in behind the whiney daughter after she quit/unquit.

Oh, and screw Love Boat for pushing this back to 9pm. Ugh!

Agreed. Especially because I watch Survivor at 7! It was so much easier when they were back-to-back!

Having now finished the episode I have to ask: What in the name of God’s Green Acres did she think she was signing on for?

It’s like those racers who are afraid of heights or can’t swim. Watch the show first, people!

She’s been watching since she was a kid!

But her arms! So so tired from chiseling for a hour? Two? Her dad was carrying her backpack the last part of the leg. Maybe earlier but I noticed it when they were going to those windows. Geez!

Some of you old timers may remember, but I’m getting a real Flo & Zach vibe from the two of them

I’m glad the team that’s gone is gone. Now I can cheer for everyone again.

To be clear, I posted this before tonight’s episode, so I’m referring to last week’s episode.

I feel bad for that team, but it’s no one’s fault. I hope they get asked back in an upcoming season.

I thought, with time spent on that, that it would be a dull episode with lots of padding but it was just the opposite. All three of the challenges looked brutal.

I only had time to watch the first 20 minutes this morning, but exciting episode so far. Trying to learn a foreign language alphabet that you’re completely unfamiliar with is really hard task. A lot of teams seem to have chosen that! I wish them good luck. I’ll find out what happened tonight.

Yeah, getting eliminated because of a positive Covid test sucks. I really liked that team too.

So we have a winner. Other than the last challenge, this season felt kind of “meh”. No team really stood out, good or bad, and the challenges just seemed to be par for the course.

In short, I thought it was OK - no more, no less.

On to 35.

I liked the scramble.

There were several teams I liked pretty well, including Derek and Claire, who I saw on Big Brother when they had their season.

Was pleased with the winners, but that last episode was kind of a blowout.

I always like it when teams ask random stranger to help them because they’re racing for $1 million. I remember one season finished in New York, and one of the teams was yelling at their cabbie to drive fast because they were racing for a million dollars.

He looked back at them and said “So? I’m not getting any of it.”

As a native New Yorker (and son of a cab driver) I had to laugh. That’s exactly the way my father would have responded.

Very few teams to actually dislike so in that it was a great session. The final 3 were all good though I’d have preferred the dancers win. The sisters bugged slightly and I never could figure out why. But overall a nice season. I was surprised they said it was only 23 days total. Seems like it should be twice that. But I don’t think they flew nearly as much as in previous seasons presumably due to the Rona.

Yeah, that still impacted this season a lot. They still got some pretty good trips though. Must’ve been so fun for the players!

Sounds like Amazon is going to make a James Bond themed version of the Amazing Race.

I read about that, but wonder how much like TAR it’s really going to be.