Amazing Race #36

Starting 3/13! It’s been a while since we’ve had two seasons of TAR in a single year.

Yeah! Also didn’t expect another one so soon!

Good news, and I completely missed any sort of announcement that this was happening until this post. Last season had a really good bunch of teams. Hope they get a good group again.

Woohoo!

I can tell this will be a tough season to watch. I’m only halfway through the leg and have a headache thanks to all the bickering and complaining. What’s leg 7 going to be like?

So far the most likeable team is the lucha libre referees.

I really thought the team that was eliminated was going to get a visit from Phil because they couldn’t make it though the leg after getting their car stuck.

WHY DIDN’T THEY JUST PUT IT IN REVERSE!?

As much as I enjoyed watching them Austin Powers it out of there, it was ridiculous, and certainly earned them the loss. I liked 'em personally, but come on, guys.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mega-leg coupled with an elimination.

I’m still not sold on the season, but Il’l give it another sot,

Yeah that was unexpected.

I’m glad to have it back.

That brother sister team was so weird. I wonder if they’re on the autism spectrum maybe? It felt like I saw no actual show of emotions from them at all, except what they were saying, if you know what I mean. What they were saying was different from their facial expressions and outward display of absolutely no emotions.

I would have thought that teams would have to start over if any of the balloons popped.

That wouldn’t have been shocking, but there wasn’t a warning about that in the clue. I wonder if there was a threshold, though. I’m sure if they ALL popped, yes. I wonder about half? Five?

I was sad to see the losing team leave. I liked them. (I’m a sucker for father/daughter teams, and they really accepted the loss well.)

It could have been that in testing the production team found it impossible to make it through intact.

Extremely possible. A little leeway seems almost essential, for sure.

I hate to say it, but I think I’m out. This may be the most incompetent pack of racers yet, and I just don’t have the patience to sit through it.

See you guys at TAR 37

They do seem like nice people, but to be honest, I had them pegged as the first team to be eliminated when watching the early part of the first episode.

That is a fair assessment. So much running around without asking for directions.

Yeah, I certainly wasn’t SURPRISED, though they weren’t so far behind that I stopped hoping just MAYBE they would pull it off. But yeah I did like them, and then there’s that whole father/daughter thing.

What a great episode. I love legs where they have the racers go everywhere on foot, schlepping it around the beautiful city with the mountain and ocean background and colorful architecture. Also it’s great to have a physical first couple of legs to weed out some weaker teams.

I was out of town so we finally watched this ep last night. And I thought it was a pretty weak leg. The entire “double” leg took place in a single day in what appeared to be a super small area once they got there. You could see the balloons and lines of flags in the background of so many shots. So even though the racing was mostly fun (watching that eliminated team stumble bum thru the leg wasn’t particularly fun) it felt very very small once you notice the same things over and over again in the background. And the fact that the teams completed “2” legs mostly on foot within the same day has to mean it just wasn’t a big leg. Certainly not “Amazing”.