Amazon making a Jack Ryan series with Michael Bay starring John Krasinski

Yes. Yes. Of course. How could it be anything else?

The weird thing about Has Been, compared to the Transformed Man, is that somewhere along the way Shatner’s schtick acquired some actual aesthetic merit.

/unapologetic thread hijack because Jon Kracsinski is no Shatner, I don’t care how much he can bench

The way he holds a handgun makes me want to slap him in the back of his head.

Meh, his gun grip reminded me of

Okay but Keanu can pull it off.

I can’t stand the ridiculous GO MILITARY movies & all their bullshit but this doesn’t really seem that bad to me in that sense.

I like the trailer and I’m interested and all that but August? Jeez dudes.

Oh wow, figured it was out tonight.

This is still 4 months from even debuting and Amazon has signed up for more.

Got to lock in the Krasinsk.

Yeah, I think it makes sense. His schedule is probably going to start getting crazy.

Lookin forward to watching this, still months away??

How do they stream and review it before it is even available?

Amazon sent out advance copies to media.

Ahh, I guess that makes sense. I’m looking forward to this one.

THIS IS LIVE!!!

I know he also did Lost, but I never really watched that. My main experience with Carlton Cuse is the hamfests known as Nash Bridges (and its short-lived spinoff, Martial Law starring Sammo Hung!)

So color me surprised. The first episode struck me as very Clancy-esque and serious in tone. It’s more graphic (in violence and language) than I expected. Plus, Amazon spent money on this series, cause it shows.

I will admit, there was only one moment that was a bit too cute and Hollywood, but that’s about it.

I plan to watch this with my wife, but I’m curious now. Is Jack Ryan actually a nerdy analyst that ends up in action situations, or a Jack Bauer type that is 100% adrenalin action hero?

The former. He explains he’s just an analyst about 3 or 4 times in the pilot.

This is what I like to hear. Thanks.