Amazon Original Pilot - The Man in the High Castle

Where’s that Kermit the Frog flailing GIF when you need it? Well, here’s one anyway:

I hope to get started on this on the weekend too!

AARGH, why TF did they HAVE to butcher “Edelweiss” this time around for the credits??? They’d finally fixed it last season.

I HATE that kind of thing with a fiery passion. >:-(

What’s butchered? I don’t know the language (despite being half German), but I didn’t notice anything different.

They’ve chopped a bunch of lines from it. Listen to the credits from S3 and compare them to this year’s. It’s from the Broadway show The Sound of Music and should sound like this (lyrics below):

Edelweiss, edelweiss
Every morning you greet me

Small and white
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow
May you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

So in Episode 3, is Juliana’s would-be assassin the “friend” she’s been hanging out with-- the guy who brought her the gun? It was a dark scene. And by the looks of it, Good John Smith is a dead man.

Different dude, far as I can tell.

Yeah everyone knew him. That wouldn’t be true if he was what you asked.

I was pretty happy to see David Harewood make an appearance, love him in Supergirl. Even if he didn’t last long.

Thanks for the replies on my question. So he was just some rando? They did make a point of showing his face.

What I’d like to know is how the Nazi side knows whom to send over. Per Abendsen they’d have to know ahead of time that the person’s counterpart (RIP Counterpart BTW) is dead on the other side.

Presumably, they sent random people until one survived. Then that person did some research in the other side’s obituaries and phone books and such to see who was alive and dead, and that informed their further choices.

OK, that makes sense. And then they’d make sure to pick people they could have leverage over once on the other side, otherwise why wouldn’t they go rogue and just blend in, except for fear of what would happen to family and friends. Unless they were super committed to the “cause.”

Thanks for explaining, @Papageno. My gf absolutely loves the song, and demanded I find out what they did to f**k it up.

Oh, so she noticed it as well?

@ineffablebob Was your spoilered comment about David Harewood because he was only in the one scene or was he in another where his character bought it?

Poor Mr Harewood only got to be in two episodes and then he shuffled off this mortal coil.

Wtf is with the ending?

Wow, I guess I should have paid closer attention. Did that event happen in the third episode during the climactic event thereof?
I realize the scene during this season was a flashback so it probably happened a couple seasons ago.

I didn’t get the ending at all though I overall enjoyed the fourth season. John and Helen’s daughters Amy and Jennifer were set dressing in earlier seasons - I didn’t even remember their names - but they carried this season and tied the whole thing together.

This whole season was awesome.

Then the second half of the finale? The finale for the whole show… Is just nonsense garbage.

Did I just miss something here, or was there ending just really bad? Cause it seemed REALLY bad.

It was like the ending of Jericho, when that show got cancelled.

I started watching the fourth season tonight. Does it look really dark to anyone else? I had a hard time telling what was going on in some of the scenes.