American Truck Simulator and its older sibling, European Truck Simulator

I was about to ask, what’s the best mod site for either game here?

Likewise. Presumably they were planning to put it on sale when they released the Russia DLC.

I’ve been more and more just relying on the Steam workshop for mods. Most of the non-massive ones are there.

Most excellent, thanks! Might be time to fire up a new ProMods career. Good times.

I’d stick with the Workshop, unless you feel the need to pay cash for additional truck models. Most of the various mod sites scream “sketchy” one way or another. IMO.

I am working on getting enough to get my first truck with the loan. Then I will start a series.

I’ve downloaded mods from ets2.lt and from modhub.us. They typically link to sharemods or modfire. Both sites have been around for years, they’re fine.

Can anyone recommend a better GPS than the stock version, modded or otherwise? I’m having a tough time as a newbie seeing the difference between continue straight under an overpass, then turning, from turning onto the highway. The lines on the GPS is so wide and the zoom so far out that I can’t tell if the turns are immediate, or further down the road when near a highway.

There isn’t one. Even the mods use the base GPS.

The GPS is one of my sources of frustration. I really wish it would say “In 2 miles, take the exit” Instead you get told to take the exit as you hit it.

Also, for those you like YouTube truck sims, my latest is here. I mention Elton John’s Piano.

Don’t ask me, I use the in dash GPS…

You know that you can change the zoom and look of the default GPS view? I forget what keystroke it is (maybe F5, if not it’s one of the other F’s). There are 5 different looks, and personally I think 4 of them are useless, for reasons you mention.

The other thing I’d recommend is SISL’s route advisor, which changes up the UI and location of things like the information you get, the GPS location, and the mirrors.

Great advice! I’ll check both, thank you!

I have gone the realism route and don’t use the route adviser. I wish there was a mod that just showed the popups for drivers, etc.

I generally keep the HUD GPS zoomed all the way out for planning and use the on-dash one for moment-to-moment navigation.

Updates to the Krone DLC. Including the best twist of owners getting jobs for the Krone factory itself.

The little strip across the top on my screenshot above is about as minimal as you can do I believe. The modder has an alternate that puts the strip across the bottom of the screen as well.

Yeah. That is what I use.

Iberia and Wyoming are 30% off

ATS update 1.45 beta is out (sounds like it might be closer to alpha based on the intro)

Additions to Wyoming, new ownable trailer, art updates, RAIN SENSORS!

Hopefully one of these updates will bring DX12 support.

DX11 support arrive in 1.36 so not sure how high priority another bump would be for them. Pretty sure the DX11 bump only happened because of the new lighting system that finally released in 1.40. For which they had to rework a metric buttload of assets.

Sometimes life imitates art.

Standing on my lawn this morning a Kenworth drove by. God as my witness, it was hauling logs.

I didn’t see a cab-over Pete with a reefer on, though.