And now, your top 10 Qt3 Games... of the last decade!

I haven’t played the single player yet, but I had a good 100 hours with the multiplayer. :)

Also, if we want to talk about robbed - Terraria. My god, that game has delivered more fun per dollar than anything else I’ve ever played. And it didn’t even crack the top 50?

I don’t think there’s a better single player shooter that was released in the 2010s.

I ran out of time to vote, but my votes wouldn’t have changed anything since most of the top ten wasn’t on my list except for Skyrim. I would have bumped Zelda up one spot, though.

It’s pretty cool to see a sizable cadre of tabletop games on the list. And a really diverse selection, too: Fate Core, 7 Wonders, Dien Bien Phu: The Final Gamble, X-Wing Miniatures, etc.

Great to see Dark Souls make the top 3. I’m thinking The Last of Us would have made top 10 for sure if it had been multi-platform but #14 is still pretty high for a PS exclusive. EU IV is the only one on the top 10 that I haven’t played so I might have to look into that.

Thanks for putting this together!

Thanks for the hard work.

What a list!

Judging purely by the features, Terraria should be one of my dream games, but in fact I’ve bounced off of it despite trying to get into it multiple times.

That’s because it’s a side-scrolling 2d platformer. I don’t care for 'em, never have cared for 'em since they were invented, and will probably go to my grave not caring for 'em. This is almost purely due to my age. I was a full-grown adult when side-scrolling 2d platformers became a thing, and I’ve always looked at them, not as a beloved and treasured part of my childhood, but rather as an ancient hack necessitated by the technology of the time.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but the thing that makes Terraria charming to others is a drawback to me: I just don’t have any interest in building my dream home in a side-scroller.

Have you played Rayman Origins? I felt mostly the same about 2d platformers, but that game really made me fall in love with them anyway. Not enough that I could enjoy Terraria, mind you.

Did you play Control?

I have it but haven’t done more than turn it on yet. I can’t scrape myself away from Apex Legends.

Cool. You certainly may still prefer TF2, and I still haven’t finished Control, but I was curious if you’d already compared the two.

2019 didn’t fare well. The only games from 2019 that I can spot that made the top 50 were Slay the Spire (which had the advantage of being in Early Access for multiple years) and Disco Elysium.

Edit: Wait, Factorio can count too, maybe? It’s release date is in September 2020, so really, that’s impressive that it even got on a list of top 50 games of a decade where it’s not out yet.

I was a little surprised to not see any Total War games in the top 10, but a vote split between Shogun, Warhammer, and 3K does seem like a good reflection of the series this last decade.

Also a shame that CK2 didn’t make the list, but EU4 deserves the Paradox spot as their flagship game.

Europa Universalis says Hi.

Honestly I’m a bit shocked, had 4-5 of my picks in the top 10, really didn’t expect that. EU IV, Kerbal Space Program, Xcom (I hadn’t specified which) I didn’t expect to make the top cut. Minecraft and Mass Effect 2 I did. Yet both of those barely edged the cut, while the three I expected to be short were well placed.

Of the top 10 Xcom is an odd bird as it lacks any first place votes, while a game like EU IV made the cut solely because of first place votes. Interesting the break between narrow selection of absolute favorites versus broad appeal, nobodies favorite but many liked a lot.

Don’t forget Napoleon!

I mean only I voted for that one, but damn it I love me some Napoleonic line of battle cannons.

I should try Napoleon. Owned it and never played it, though I’ve played quite a bit of Empire.

Warms my soul that EU4 and Rimworld made the Top 10, and they were even tied!

I didn’t monitor the excel sheet, but EU4 didn’t make many lists, but when it did it made the Top 3, and usually #1…obviously carrying it up the list. I thought it was going to shake out around 12.

I am really glad that KSP made it so high honestly. I didn’t think there were that many Jebediah lovers on QT3! All in all a pretty representative list of QT3’s gamer brand though really. It looks like I need to buckle down and figure out EU4. I’ve never given it much attention but it seems to be one of those games that if you like it… you REALLY like it =)

To this day, it’s the only game to ever give me motion sickness, to the point of rendering it totally unplayable. And I’ve got a VR setup.

If you played quite a bit of Empire, definitely do. It rakes much of what was good about Empire, and trims what was… not. Leaving a polished campaign with solid design, and several short campaign scenarios with interesting choices.

Plus it just looks damned cool when you play the skirmish battles, they have some gorgeous maps.

This screenshot is still one of my favorites