Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Good morning, delicious friends! …sorry, wrong game. Anyway.

Redd is on my island. I’ve bought my painting and will stay open for a while if anyone is interested.

KPSBP

*Closed now. I’ll re-open this evening if anyone is interested.

Step one appears to be buy a wetsuit from the Nooks. You’ll get a crash course in how to swim. Press A while moving to swim (and enter the water). Y to dive.

I will pop over, just updating the game

Ooooh, swimming is pretty cool. Though when you go out far enough I do actually get the sense of Thalassophobia. The fact I pulled a few sharks out of the exact spot I was swimming doesn’t help. Still, a nice little gift to find this morning and one I hadn’t heard about yet. I did make the mistake of not waiting until the store was open to buy my wetsuit and wasted 800 Nook Miles at the ATM first, before I remembered they send that in the mail and I ended up having to wait a few minutes until the trash pandas’ store opened.

I did buy my wetsuit at the shop first, but then ordered the one from the shopping app anyway, because I liked the look of it better, hehe. I wonder how many different wetsuit patterns there are?

Diving was originally introduced in New Leaf, and I remember that I was never super excited about it, but I couldn’t remember why. As soon as I did it this morning, I remembered that it was the slow, sluggish feel of swimming that I think kind of put me off it, but that’s a “me” problem rather than a problem with the mechanics, I think. So far it’s just been finding things to give to the museum, but given that there’s apparently going to be DIY patterns to get and things, it sounds that it will be ultimately more worthwhile. I’m going to need to find a place to keep my wetsuit though so I can grab it easily when I want to dive, rather than have it take up yet another space in my backpack, hehe.

According to one of the guys who has been doing a lot of the datamining, apparently one of the things that changed in the new update is that NPC appearances are now totally randomized, meaning that Leif, Kicks and Saharah are no longer a guaranteed appearance every week. I’m not clear on whether this means there is more or less of a chance for Redd to appear every week or not, if it really is truly random. The post doesn’t mention whether the game will still prioritize visitors that didn’t appear the previous week. (EDIT: Spoilered the post image because of a very minor spoiler that anyone who saw the update announcement probably saw already.)

Opening up again for about an hour for anyone who’d like to visit Redd. Note that as near as I can tell all his art is fake at the moment, except “mysterious painting”.

2SSWC

Pardon the mess. I’m new at this :)

@Calelari, are you still open? I was going to pop over, but looks like I might have missed the window.

Edit: Yep, not found. No worries!

I cannot find that drippy-nosed turnip seller anywhere. Does she sometimes not appear?

What time zone are you in? She leaves at noon, so if you’re in the continental US, you missed her.

Ohhhh damn! I did not know that, thanks. On the bright side, I can ignore turnip prices this week I guess.

Bad timing all around on the new island. Resident services is being upgraded, Redd showed up yesterday so the museum is being upgraded, too new for Daisy Mae to show up yet. At least the Nook Boys are open?

Just find someone on one of the discord from another country. I recommend the ACNH discord and Tag Back TV.

Hey everyone, two things -

1.) I have Redd in port today, and three of his four art pieces were real. Two of them are gone already, but he still has a (real) Motherly Statue, and a (fake) Mystic Statue (the Nefertiti bust) if that’s something you’re interested in.

2.) Also, it appears Celeste is here tonight as well. She gave me the Cancer Table DIY, though I’m not sure if it’s different for everyone. I haven’t seen any shooting stars yet, but I haven’t really looked yet… it seems kinda cloudy, so if I have any, they’re probably going to be few and few between.

I’ve opened for now, DODO is M38KX. I’ll be open for maybe an hour or so, maybe a little longer, not sure. Feel free to drop by for art, Celeste or meteors (such as they are).

EDIT: Meteors are coming, I had 3 and then five minutes later another 4. We’ll see if the frequency remains consistent.

Oooh, on my way. Thanks, Hansey!

Update - for whatever reason, the connection went wonky. Reopened with K80XV.

I think Celeste’s gifts are depending on what you already have. I have the Cancer table already, so she gave me the Starry Sky wall.

I also got the Motherly Statue! Finally, that’s only my fourth piece for the art museum. Last time Redd was at my island he had four fakes!

Gonna hang our for a few and see if any shooting stars show up. Thanks, @Hansey!

No problem! Hang out as long as you like, though I haven’t seen a meteor in like ten minutes now. But I’m gonna get up and grab some food, so I’m sure they’ll appear as soon as I’m afk. ;)

OMW if still time

Yep still open

Bah just crashed out. Hope it didn’t wreck your island. Second time it happened this week.