Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

There’s new bugs and fish each month through the year, and they stick around for varying lengths of time

I know, I’m saying…

Oh, man. I just realized this is the internet, and I don’t actually care! #Freedom. Honestly, don’t worry about it, it doesn’t affect like anyone here, sorry I brought it up.

I don’t know if I’m missing the point you’re trying to make, or if you’re not understanding the point I’m making. I don’t think it’s anything heated enough to just table the discussion though. I would really like to understand what you’re saying.

If you’re saying that someone buying a new Switch would get back to Spring in three months (for a second time) and miss all of Fall, that’s true. You wouldn’t want to go Spring-Winter-Spring.

I was saying that if you’re buying a SECOND Switch, you could set it to the other hemisphere. So then you would go Spring-Summer/Winter-Fall/Spring, and so on.

That’s what I was saying. I didn’t realize until this very post you were talking about a second Switch.

Sly the jock croc left our island this morning, so my wife went Kiki hunting with mystery tours. We liked Sly well enough, before he left we took some screenshots of us saying goodbyes. He said specifically “I’ll never forget you!”

She ran into Sly on a mystery island. He forget her. Dude, it’s been like 3 hours.

Okay that’s hilarious.

My potential large spike today topped out at 256. If anyone wants to come sell turnips, let me know, but I’m sure other people will have higher prices later in the week.

I’m not hurting for bells anymore but I’m kinda holding out for a minimum of 300 these days. I only buy one inventory full cuz I’m lazy and don’t want to make multiple trips. I’m currently waiting for KK to play the concerts in the next day or two so I can start terraforming ( I think ). Thanks for the offer though.

Does anyone have the blue phone booth in their Nook Miles catalog? I think the phone booth is one of those items that is A) random depending on your island and B) not customizable. I would really love a TARDIS to replace my boring old human phone booth.

The more I think about this, the more it bugs me. They could store one bit for villagers who have left your island: “Used To Love On My Island: Y/N”. Then when you run into them again, the conversation is all, “Hey, remember me?? I’ve been doing great since I moved away. But if you want me to come back…”

One of the previous games (I can’t remember if it was City Folk or New Leaf) had a town area on the north side of your village, and you would occasionally see villagers who left your island hanging out there. It was a nice touch, and made it feel like villagers weren’t just gone forever after they disappeared.

Yeah, I was quite surprised by it, I thought they’d have some persistence after they leave. I think I’ve read somewhere that if your villager moves to a friend’s island they’ll remember you / retain furnishings etc so I thought it’ll apply to newly homeless villagers as well.

I do. I’m not that familiar with what visitors can access, so would the easiest thing be for me to buy it and drop it off on your island? If so shoot me a pm with a dodo code and I’ll drop it off.

Now that you mention it, you’re exactly right: When you go to someone else’s island, it says, “This terminal is for resident access only.”

It looks like there are different versions of all the Nook Miles items—phone booth, chairs, Godzilla—so I would be interested in trading if anyone is up for it.

(@Gedd: Thanks! I will send you a PM.)

ACNH is missing many little quality of life and world building features that you would think could be gleaned from any number of other games if the developers had paid attention to what others already did well. I point this out to my wife all the time. Crafting is a big one: why can’t I say to make three or six or eight of those fish bait instead of having to go through a series of dialogue choices each time? Why do I have to start a conversation with Sahara every single time I want to buy a rug, wallpaper, or flooring instead of just saying give me one of everything, please!? I have a Nook Island Ticket and I want to use it (the end).

Is it a difference in the western/eastern way of playing games? Am I accustomed to efficiency and rapid choices and this game is all about slowing you down (read: annoying me)?

As an aside, but related, I love the butterfly catching, can spend hours just doing that around my island. When they are available. Raining? Nope. Evening? Nope. For me, ACNH is such a different (and dull) game when all I can do is fish and putter about because there are just a few bugs to catch.

They’ve had many versions & years to iron this out, so I kind of have to assume they haven’t on purpose / it’s a design choice.

But I agree with you.

Diego

The other day when I remembered the museum stamp event I went to the butterfly area in the evening for the first time. At first I thought the game had glitched because the butterflies were frozen. Then I realized they weren’t totally frozen and were just resting. It was kinda awesome.

My wife just shared this video of qol features (not) coming in an update. It’s so well done, I can’t imagine why they aren’t part of the game: https://youtu.be/auTi3stuL5M

It’s literally everything I’ve been asking for. Gah.

I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. It’s a game about being slow and deliberate and making you wait for things. Is that slowdown a deliberate way of subtly making you more addicted to the game? Who can say??

You could easily set your Switch clock to run about eight hours slow, and then you can catch those 11am butterflies at 7pm. I don’t think there are any drawbacks to doing that.

Just be aware that apparently setting your system clock back will instantly rot any turnips on your island. Setting the time forward is evidently okay, though. I presume this is to stop people from just watching turnip prices during the week and then waiting until Saturday to time travel back to the day you had the best price.