Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

Incidentally, since no one mentioned it – the Mario stuff is in game as of today. There’s a whole special section in the Nook Shopping app / Nook Stop where you can buy the items. I ordered five things (two pipes and a few other things) then stopped, assuming the limit applied but it occurred to me that maybe it doesn’t for these? Anyway, I didn’t try.

Same, I get the “please close the chat window” prompt a buncha times and when I finish my transaction, I then sit through the long arrival moment of the new person. But I’ve never been teleported to the airport; I’ve always had to manually leave the shop and walk back to the airport myself when I visited people’s islands when selling turnips.

Is “teleported to the airport” some sort of confusion over the little cutscene you get showing visitors arriving/departing at the airport?

Ah yeah, maybe. The linked animation shows all the characters actually standing there are the airport at the end of the arrival, but maybe the cutscene is what it’s supposed to represent.

The limit does apply, as usual. I picked up the pi(e) and then four of the Mario items (2x pipes and the mushroom platforms) for today. More for the next couple days.

Also, check out the ocean for March creatures. According to my list, the last three sea creatures I don’t have all arrive this month (and I grabbed one big one today already) so only two more to go to finish it up!

Oh, thanks for the reminder! Yeah, I think March has the last two sea creatures I need to complete that part of the museum. After that, all I’ll have left is art… I’m at 50% there. (Curse you and your fakes and dupes, Redd!)

No, I’ve actually literally been teleported to the airport after a visitor arrives. They show up, it shows them leaving the airport, and then everyone else visiting the island comes walking out after that. It’s literal.

Yeah, I’ve encountered it. Think it might be tied to people turning off their Switch in lieu of leaving the island “correctly” when there’s high traffic, but I could be misremembering.

It must be a communication bug or something. I visit strangers about twice a month since last summer (on average), and I’ve never been teleported to the airport when someone arrives.

I think the airport teleportation was just to get the joke across… When someone comes to the island you’re transported to a dark nether-dimension, until you’re dropped back in place when they arrive. Wouldn’t have been as funny if they’d just popped in back where they’d been standing, even though that’s what really happens.

Y’all please never come watch my stand-up. :)

Man, I only ever get pink hanging scrolls in the shop and you can’t customize the color. There are five variations, but I’ve never seen anything but pink outside of another villager’s house.

If I’m not mistaken, you will only ever get one variation of anything in your Nooks. That is, whatever shows up there is the only variation you will ever get there. The only way to get other variations is either by a) getting it from one of your villagers, b) having it drop from a balloon, c) having it fall out of a tree (two bits of furniture can drop from shaken trees per day) or d) trading with other players.

They seem to really push the “interact with other players” aspect of things to get all the variations of things.

:(

If it helps, I do have the brown Hanging Scroll, and I’m happy to bring one over (or mail one, if you want to send me a friend invite).

No, that’s not it. The joke is referring to when people literally get dumped at the airport, which does happen (apparently rarely).

Yes, I think that’s it.

New update incoming!

The island tour thing seems fun, but not exactly game changing. There isn’t honestly a lot there I’m super excited about.

Also this:

So this seems like the equivalent of the “Play Coins” you could collect on the 3DS just by walking around with it in your pocket (you accrued them based on steps taken - the 3DS served as a pedometer) which you could then spend on Nintendo themed items in Nooks in New Leaf. Only now no exercise is needed! Just open an app! Whee!

Another app boondoggle. Blah.

Yeah, that was my thought. I already have the app, but the only reason I use it is to use the keyboard when visiting another island, simply because it’s infinitely easier than the in game keyboard. I’m not really a fan of being “forced” to log into an app every day. Obviously it’s optional, but then you feel like you’re missing out on items.

Finally, I can use the Island Tour feature to show off my creepy bathroom.