Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

We just got two Switches yesterday and I’ve barely been able to get on today! Not that there’ll be anything left on either island to pick up after my family’s picked through them.

Still, $15,000 extra bells isn’t nothing, instead of paying off that big loan. Unless, of course, paying off that loan is another important bridge to unlocking more stuff, of course. Is it, out of curiosity?

No idea. You’ve got way more bells than I’ve ever had! Your interest is bigger than my whole bank account by far. 300,000 bells!!!

So I thought while I’m binging The Office to try my hand at hunting spiders. According to this guide…

The very first ticket I bought just landed me on Spider Island. Let’s see how this goes…

It sucks but you might get the hang of it. I kind of did.

Hm… No spiders, but what a crazy island. The central island was full of rocks with bells in them! I scored over 75K in bells, well worth the Nook Miles, and less scary than spider farming!

The spider island has a small ring of water around a big island, all the spiders are in the middle. Bonus: You can jump over the water on the south side of spider island without the pole.

I get the same 3 islands over and over and haven’t been to Spider Island yet, despite buying several tickets a day, but I saw a clip on reddit (that I can’t find now) showing a ring of holes the player had dug around the perimeter of that central island, as a barrier to help better kite them. Looked pretty efficient.

I might be wrong, but I think you’ll only get spider island if you go at night (since the tarantulas are usually only out at night). I just had my first one tonight.

You most definitely have to go at night!

Just to note that Sticks can always be shaken out of trees, no matter what else might be tapped out. And with Sticks, you can build simple Fishing Poles and Bug Nets, which is enough to get something like an economy going :)

edit: unless your family cut down all the trees, of course. . .

Not only that, but you can get way more than just one or two sticks out of a tree, which is something I either forgot and recently rediscovered, or is new in NH.

(And yeah, I’ve been rolling the dice on mystery islands at least once a day after dark.)

You have 3 million bells?!

Sure.

Kind of hoping turnips trend high in the next two days. I might have overspent on them.

I “only” bought 32k worth >.>

mumble something about add a 0 to the end of that

Good thing I just built a 2nd empty room in the house.

Mine are going for 96 each today, seems a little on the high side. I guess I have 400k in the bank, though, and I don’t feel like paying off Nook yet (I haven’t even started using the first room I expanded into). @Knightsaber is there a reason to keep upgrading the house? Do things eventually unlock there?

Well I have 3 rooms and something like 300 additional storage spaces. So yeah, I’d say it’s a good reason.

Edit: The beauty of AC is no hurry to pay the loans. No interest, no deadline.

Yeah, I barely used the space I have now - most things I sell or put out for display (or give as gifts), so it’s just some extra crafting and such. I’m glad for all the iron today - Iron Workbenches sell for 15K and I had enough iron laying around to make 8 or so of them, plus I could hit some islands up and get even more iron. I do like to keep a 30 stack back just in case, plus of course a few in inventory for replacing shovels and the like.