Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

I want to opt out of the holiday event. I’m sick of getting eggs out of rocks and trees when I’m looking for mats. My normal fishing routine has turned into egg collecting. Not to mention they break your tools just the same.

Also tired of my island sounding like early 1940’s London.

Can you get rid of the Easter stuff by setting the clock ahead? I have not tried it.

I dunno, I refuse to do it. I’m one of those people.

Only 9 more days to Bunny Day, and then it will all be behind you.

You’re not alone on the egg fatigue:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-03-theres-something-rotten-about-animal-crossings-egg-event

I noticed that a bit ago, glad I’m not alone.

It’s a really bad event and makes me wonder about the game’s future content.

six different egg currencies

Ok, yeah, it is a little overdone. The thing that bugs (bunny) me the most is the six different (presumably, have yet to see them all) color variations on what is otherwise the eggxact same bunny day outfit.

I mean, I got 2 iron and 16 eggs (and only 1 clay) out of my daily rock-kicking this morning. That seems excessive.

I have a friend who picked up the game a day before the event started and at this point I just feel bad for him. Replacing important resource drops with the event eggs is such a dumb design decision.

I’m personally not too bothered by it, but an easy fix would be to make the Easter drops in addition to any normal drops.

What the heck are we supposed to do with them? They aren’t worth much, and the crafting is mostly meh.

Yeah, their value in the store (eggs or as crafted items) isn’t great. Supposedly if you have the right stuff crafted by Bunny Day you get something good, but my guess is the reward won’t be worth all this hassle. I did notice eating them juices you up like fruit does, though.

Frogger is kind of animal crossing, a frog crossing a road.

This is my observation from 3000 miles away. AC is alien to me.

Anyway I found this meme on the internets and through is funny.

So I guess I just… beat Animal Crossing?

Credits!

I guess it did take me 40+ hours so that’s a good number so the games ending, and I of course know I keep playing and expanding and building and such. Cool game, but I think I might slow down now that I “won” and skip the egg stuff (I was on a mystery island and caught 7, not kidding, I counted - 7 eggs from fishing in a row) and just check in for a bit each day to pick up daily miles, balloons that float round while I collect rocks, pick weeds, water flowers, the usual stuff.

Wait, how to do you beat it? Without being too spoilery.

I assume it’s paying off Tom Nook for the last house upgrade.

Ugh, after peaking at 160 bells/apiece this week, my turnip prices cratered to 34 today. I sold enough of my 91-bell-base-cost turnips earlier in the week to break even, so today was pure profit, but it sure was shitty profit, lol.

@LeeAbe

It’s actually not that, it’s having the big concert with the guitar dog.

However, the game is far from over really, now I can make rivers and cliffs and such, and I unlocked everything I could on the construction app so I’m making nice, brick paths connecting all the houses and bridges to each other and I’ll have fun with this (plus regular playing, and events of course) for a long time to come.

I’m so happy I started over again the other day. I didn’t like the layout of my island, disliked where I placed most of the houses, and wasn’t happy with their new locations either after moving a few things around. Also had a few fruit orchards that were too sprawling. And my villagers were meh for the most part, with one exception (Knox the cranky rooster). After rolling the new island, I really took my time choosing locations for everything, went with a larger number of smallish orchards spread around more evenly, picked better villagers, and overall am super pleased with the outcome. Still have 3 open villager spots, maybe 3 if I can alienate Louie enough.