Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Or: All Good Animals Cross to Switch)

I have felt no drive whatsoever to pay off or expand my house. Two rooms is plenty. But I need money for ramps, bridges, house relocations…

I’m down to shopping every day for things I don’t already have and rarely finding them. Having 10 villagers I like, one is leaving I guess, so shortly 10 I like. I have 2 flower colors I haven’t bred yet. I have 5.5 million bells in the bank and have actually paid Tom Nook off. It’s just kind of like daily chores now instead of discovering new things.

Starting over wouldn’t be much different, I suppose, except for the ‘wait another day for literally anything’ parts.

To add on to that a little bit, I do actually know what I’m doing now, so the early part would probably be more fun. I have better ideas on how I’d like a starting island to be laid out and how I want to place everything so I wouldn’t be spending 10 days moving villager homes around.

I just think it would be fun to do it again knowing what I know now.

The notion of a blank slate, starting with what we know now, is pretty appealing though. If we ever get bored with our current island I could see doing that.

In previous Animal Crossing games, or New Leaf at least (not sure about the others), when you wanted to start a new town, you could “sell” it. Basically the game would figure out your town’s net worth (based on some kind of calculation) and you’d basically start fresh with a whole load of bells. I personally never did it, but lots of people enjoyed restarting with a clean slate.

That said, I have no idea if such a thing exists in this game… I’m thinking probably not, because of all the customization options that exist. You can redesign your island at any time in any number of ways (moving residents, terraforming, bridges, inclines, etc.), none of which was available in previous games, so they may not have that feature in New Horizons.

My thought was to take my most valuable things, have a good buddy available for a few hours, drop my valuable things off with them, create the new island, bring my valuable things and basically just have an easier time of everything.

I start games over all the time, but I’m looking at deleting almost 200 hours of play, and I’m squeaaaaamish about it :) But I’m also not keen on buying another Switch and AC copy just to have more than one playground.

Ugh, Redd finally shows up again after three weeks and he has all fakes except for one - the Perfect Painting he gave me when he first arrived. Not sure whether everyone gets the same first painting from Redd or not, but if there’s any interest in it (or any of his fakes) I’m happy to open. I’ll be around for a little while this morning, but will otherwise be busy most of the rest of the day.

My wife bought a Switch Lite and a new ACNH just to start a new island that she can terraform at will and time travel like mad to get new villagers. Couldn’t break the original island. In the meantime, our original island is all about the minor changes as we’ve pretty much maxed out what we can do aside from waiting for the months to switch over while hunting bugs and fish and the remaining fossils (and collecting art, of course).

Now that I think about it, it seems like I should make a third character, if only just to buy extra paintings and maybe earn more Bells. Plus it would be nice to have an extra house to decorate…

Oh wait you can just do that with a 2nd profile, yeah?

Well in my case we already have two characters, but yes, you could just do a second profile if you only have one.

The little bastids are selling a generator and a bidet today if anyone needs those uniques. Also have espresso machine but that’s not limited

Does anyone have roses for sale today? I’m starting on the grand Blue Rose quest and I’m short of white roses. I can trade a couple of purple or black roses (or two of each) for your trouble. These probably aren’t suitable for blue-farming as I did not keep them separated after growing.

Hmm, I think I did. I’ll get back on a check.

EDIT:
@MichaelD
7S4X1 is my dodo code. I’ve got roses for sale in Nook shop.

I also have samurai outfit for sale in the clothes store if anyone wants it. It’s over 5k bells so I assume it’s at least sorta rare.

Thanks @lostcawz – on my way. Would you like some black & purple?

Ooooh, I have black but not purple so that would be cool.

You got it. I’ll bring a couple of black tulips as well.

Ha! I’m on my computer with my Switch in the background. I checked it a minute ago so make sure it was still open, and when I just turned back to look I had a bunch of purple and black flowers around me! hehe, thanks!

All done. I bought a Samurai shirt too. Thanks!

Well it’s been four weeks now and no Redd. When he finally shows up, he better bring 5 real art pieces with him.

Also, I might be last to know this, but if you’re visiting an island and need to leave immediately, all you have to do is hit the minus button.