Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

And pre-loading.

So has the open beta moved anyone to buy it? Or did it just confirm a decision to buy or not buy?

As an aside I tried playing 2070 again and just could not get into it. The color pallet still turns me off and the futuristic tech does not grab me like historical games do. I know it is still the same A > B > C supply chains but it means so much more to me when it is Wool > Clothing rather than some science fiction mumbo-jumbo.

@Granath Lets make it easy… ;)

• Pre-ordered, and possibly already pre-loading!
  • Buying it on release day / after a few reviews.
  • Waiting for sale.
  • Not buying it.
  • Shirtz Bonnets!

0 voters

For me personally, I enjoyed my time with the open beta. The game is really polished, looks lovely, and I can’t really fault how it plays. Nevertheless, I also had the feeling that I have played this game before, it doesn’t do much to really reinvigorate the genre that I can see (at least in the early game, not saying the full game won’t be different!) so I would rather replay Zeus (which I am doing) than dropping down for this one straight away. Will wait for reviews / sales / no more epic exclusivity.

Despite owning Anno 1404 (psychical copy & digital), and apparently Anno 1602 through Uplay (which I only discovered after having to use Uplay for The Division 2), I haven’t played either of them so it is my first Anno game.

I also own Zeus & Pharaoh with expansions but haven’t tried them either; I stalled at Caesar 3 years ago for some reason.

Multiplayer with Vulcans?

Waiting for the GMG key.

My concern is my game got really laggy when I started getting up to tier three and built some colonies in the New World and started switching between the regions. Im running a GTX 970 with an I5-4690k and 8gb of ram. That meets the base for the recommended specs. I enjoyed it so I’ll take the risk.

Oops…

$60 is a hard sell for me these days for a game that would really be a casual timewaster for me, but it did convince me to check out 1404 when I have some time to spend on the genre.

I went into the beta with high expectations based on reports from the closed beta. Then I hit the same point as @Tim_N

I also had the feeling that I have played this game before

And I moved into the “definitely won’t buy it camp, I’ll just play some older Annos I already have”.

Then I went and played some older Annos I already have, and I realised I was already missing some of the improvements in 1800 so I moved back into the “you know what, maybe an upgraded version of this game is exactly what I want” so now I’m in the definite buy camp again!

What a ride!.

The overheating I had during beta convinced me to wait a while. My 8 year old machine is probably going to bite the dust soon, so this can wait for my new machine. Maybe I can use some of the Uplay coins to get a discount by then. Really enjoyed it though, and am looking forward to playing it, but I always have plenty of Anno installed (2205 getting regular playtime currently), so I can wait. Love these games, perfect after work Bonsai tree relaxation, prune a bit here, move a little there, add a piece there.

It convinced me that it’s enough like other Annos that I will never love the game. It seems like a good enough Anno that I’d probably get it on a steep sale.

points finger

Robc04 is gonna buy another Anno game! ;)

But not right away! I mostly promise!

I was already going to get it, but once it’s on sale; $60 is a bit much when I have a backlog. I really liked the beta, though, and was super bummed when it was already over by the time the kids were in bed on Sunday.

Re: Zeus unthread, for some reason I just couldn’t get into it, despite loving Pharaoh. Maybe I should take that to a different thread, though.

@Knightsaber & @triggercut GMG keys have been delivered…although you probably already know.

Waiting for a sale on some hardware that can run it. :)