Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

What resolution are you playing at?

oh lol, on uplay? That’s… good coding. Was wondering how you got it early.

Yeah, same thing with Odyssey, which I remembered from this past Fall.

Honestly don’t think they care much about people using that loophole to play early. I do think they care when people use it to skirt regional pricing, when that applies.

1080p sometimes 1200p depending on which screen I have it on. I haven’t tried 4k but I will. :)

Those pics are stunning.

…and with The Division 2.

I received an email from Ubisoft: “Japanese IP?! Was that you? If so… have fun.”

Does this work if I bought US copy? If so, I want to visit Australia today, please tell me how!

The custom sandbox has everything and more I had hoped it would. No need to play the campaign, ever.

Oh look, a Season Pass. And none of us were shocked.

https://www.anno-union.com/en/a-glimpse-of-the-future/

Just download a VPN software like Avira VPN (trustworthy)… install, select Australia, Japan, Hong Kong (wherever ping is good)… and start Uplay. That’s about it. After quitting Anno/Uplay…wait a sec. before disconnecting the VPN… because Uplay syncs your data. You need to have the VPN on all the time (when you are playing). But Avira e.g. comes with 500 mb free traffic - that you’ll never need until Anno is released in the US.

(I reckon you have already preloaded Anno?! Make sure you have.)

DLC 1: Sunken Treasures

Expand your island with a new European session and large continental island, as you join an eccentric inventor and his diving bell on a treasure hunt.

DLC 2: Botanica

Grow your city’s attractiveness to new heights with a modular Botanical Garden, allowing you to earn new items and rewards as you draw the tourist masses to your floral masterpiece. Alternatively, construct the new Musical Pavilion and enjoy beloved tracks from previous Anno games inside your city.

DLC 3: The Passage

The Passage will take you on a new adventure to the Arctic Circle as you explore the legendary Northwest Passage. To succeed in this merciless climate, you will need to construct an arctic outpost and master all-new production chains and goods.

Sunken Treasures and The Passage sound absolutely superb. Hope the execution matches the summary.

Also, yes please to the Anarchist!

Summary

So, who is the Anarchist, exactly?

“A self-proclaimed anarchist, Dr. Mercier has created a radical new society free of the state. Formerly champion of a union of student dentists, Mercier was asked by the Queen to use his popular appeal to pacify increasing threats of revolution in her territories. Instead Mercier sided with the protesters, declaring the people’s complete independence from crown authority.”

In game terms, the Anarchist is a new NPC opponent you can select to play against, including his own unique set of quests and rewards for the player to tackle. And while we don’t want to spoil too much, we can safely say that he will bring a very flavorful and unique playstyle to the game, with his own set of behavioral rules that mirror his views on politics and society.

Consider yourselves warned…

How much will that slow down the game’s speed do you think?

Not at all. It’s no shooter. I couldn’t tell the difference.

I didn’t know if Denuvo would have a hairy fit with it :p

Not sure why the game didn’t pre-load for me, but am installing now since I currently reside in “Australia” LOL. Using NordVPN since it seems cheapest I need a permanent VPN when in hospital for streaming and access to most of Youtube (cut out by hospital firewall).

Watch out for the spiders and crocodiles.

Sadly, it won’t work if you get the game on Steam. Seems that Valve is having none of this “yoo-hoo, I’m in Australia” nonsense. :(

-Tom

I think it goes live at midnight eastern tonight? I don’t ever bother getting Ubi games anywhere other than Uplay these days. (usually with a code from GMG like I did for this).

Played just a little bit of the intro so far, but I like the look of the new Anno.

Release times for the impatient!

I also found that my uplay key is now available on Humble, if anyone else has been waiting for it for preloading.

Thanks for mentioning that!