Anno 1800, city-building in the industrial revolution

What are statistics buildings?

-Tom

Yep, link for peoples:

https://www.anno-union.com/en/the-next-steps-for-anno-1800/

Buildings that, when selected, open up a statistics window with island- (or faction-)wide production stats. Honestly that info belongs in a UI screen, not a building, but hey, this is Anno, so we put it in a building.

In 1800 it was somewhat subsumed by the building bar, which now shows the number of each building on an island, which was my primary use for the bailiwick (statistics building) in 1404.

Check out the Spice it Up mod. It has a bunch of optional modules you can choose to use. Some of the really nice ones are things like making the harbor build area bigger, or reducing the rivers in the new world.

Wow I didn’t know there were mods for the game. If you use them does it remove your ability to get UBI achievements?

It does not. And I love the mods from Spice it up.

Keep in mind if you use mods like Remove Rivers, it requires you to start a new game.

People have started adding more buildings as well.

Looking good!

https://www.anno-union.com/en/bringing-light-into-darkness/

Hmm, more dlc after this? Possibly a second season pass?

Would you like some statistics with that? Our new in-depth statistics feature gives you unprecedented insights into the workings of your empire, with dedicated tabs for productivity and consumption, current stock of all your goods, population growth and finances. We have decided to implement this functionality as part of the main game interface to make sure that it is available at any time. To access it, you can click on the finance and population buttons on the top menu bar; access the menu from any production building in the game, or via the CTRL+Q/ W/ E/ R shortcuts.

Sounds cool but I’m waiting for the various and sundry DLC to go on sale before I bite!

Arctic Expeditions = awesome

The expedition mechanics in Anno 1800 = not so awesome :(

It’s on sale now with the free week

(I think he meant a sale price. Yes, the DLC is on sale, but it is on sale at a full price.)

Yeah, poor phrasing on my part. I want to wait for a discounted price before I buy it.

Another free week? And I just got started on Total Warhammer 2…

Exactly. This game punishes careful builders and now it’s even worse.

Do you mean that it throws too much at you / too many distractions / too much time pressure?

Yes. I have to literally amp myself up to try and take on the game. It’s rough.

Remember that the expeditions don’t do anything until you respond to it. So you can just leave them indefinitely.

The stats page is great. Why it wasn’t there before, who knows? But they did a great job with it.