Anno 2205

Announced during Ubisoft’s E3 conference for release on November 3, beta coming some time before then.

The beloved city-builder takes off into space!
The addictive Anno gameplay is back and taking strategic city-building to new heights, launching connections from Earth into space. In Anno 2205 you are part of human-kind‘s next step into the future with the promise of a better tomorrow. Venture into space and settle on the Moon in the thrilling race for resources and power!

Key Features

The Acclaimed City-Builder Reaches for the Stars: Colonize continents on Earth, establish Moon bases and mine the moon’s resources to transform your cities on Earth to thriving metropolises.
Unlimited City-Building: Thousands of hours of accessible and challenging gameplay let you go beyond the story and ultimately grow monumental cities with thousands of buildings.
Indulgent Graphics Bring Your City to Life: The new engine offers an unprecedented level of details, and now islands in ANNO 2205 can be five times bigger than in previous ANNO games.

Gameplay Trailer

Beta sign-up: Anno 1800 | Ubisoft (US)

It may be billed as such, but there’s zero gameplay in that trailer.

1404 was fantastic. 2070 was good, but I never felt like it lived up to 1404. I wonder if this will be significantly different, or does the moon just replace underwater?

I guess by gameplay trailer they mean that it’s using the in-game engine, as opposed to the CGI trailer, but yeah.

I was wondering the exact same thing. If so, that’s fine as long as they introduce other new features.

Agreed, the future setting just never worked as well for me. I’m sure I’ll still pick this up day 1 and enjoy it.

I’m just happy that it’s not a browser game.

pokes head in Did someone say spaaaaaaaaace? Oh hi guys!!

They need to go back to historical settings. 2070 and this just seem like bad paste-jobs on their tried-and-true villages-on-islands mechanics.

Early trailers never show enough gameplay detail to satisfy everyone (myself included). That said, I haven’t yet been disappointed with an Anno game, so I’m not expecting to be disappointed with this one.

It’s true though, that I enjoyed 1404 and 1701 more than 2070, but I never once thought 2070 was a bad game. I’m really looking forward to this. I’ll probably pick up the Waterborne expansion for Tropico 5 during the current Steam sale, but then I’ll be in a drought for my favorite city builders. ;)

Alternatively, I prefer the future setting. Different tastes.

Hopefully there is underwater and moon building. :)

Day 1.

Day 1 here too. Loved 1404 and 2070.

In space no one can hear Brian Rubin scream with delight.

Problem with the Anno games is that they are very linear. Every game progresses the same with little flexibility.

Wonder if they will do the 3 factions thing again.

Or the meta game

These games were all very beautiful but all too similar in gameplay, imho. If they include combat again, they really need to re-think it this time.

Anno combat has always been horrible. :D

RPS has posted some impressions: Anno 2205 Impressions | Rock Paper Shotgun

The more resource-gathering buildings you have, the more workers you need and therefore the more houses you build

Hmm.

The good news is that it confirms the game is being developed by the Mainz team (previously know as Related Designs), so it’s the same developers.

The worrying news is that it mentions streamlining and reduced complexity.

Also seems like the eco balance stuff from 2070 is gone entirely.