Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

Yeah. I spam my primer/detonators without any consideration for how/why I get COMBO to appear without any coordination in my group of randos. So INTENTIONALLY using the Ranger’s TIP OF THE SPEAR to heal my group is never gonna happen.

Ok, I’ve never really understood Primer/Detonator ever since the Open Beta. WTF is that related to?

Some abilities are primers, you hit a mob with that ability and now they are primed. When someone hits them with a detonator, it triggers the Combo. The effect of the combo is different for each class. From memory (so may not be entirely accurate), the Storm spreads elemental effects, the interceptor gets an aura, and the colossus gets an area of effect boom. Never really played Ranger so I don’t know what they do.

Example: a Storm hits an enemy with a fire primer and the mob is now primed. The interceptor them punches that mob on the face (most classes melee are detonators, with the exception of the Ranger where his melee is actually a primer) and now the interceptor has a fire damage shield. If a colossus had instead hit the primed mob with a siege cannon, he’d get a big fire AOE boom.

So it’s basically another word for the Combos?

It’s how combos happen. A Primer followed by a Detonator = a Combo.

Ok, thanks. I never really understood that mechanic.

Might have something to do with BioWare not bothering to explain to players how the core of their ENTIRE COMBAT SYSTEM WORKS. :)

Of course, with how everything else was managed, it’s a good possibility only the poor sod who designed it understood it, and he or she was on stress leave.

“Only” 13 days of 10-Temple-of-Scar runs-A-DAY to reach “Champion of Tarsis” title for me.

The reward for its unlock is totally underwhelming as well. Which is a trend with Anthem overall.

I don’t fully understand it myself - or at least not enough to take advantage of it, since you have to remember which skill does what, and I tend to just unload on everything. Works well enough up through GM1, anyway.

Good luck coordinating said skills with your group of 3 death mime randos though. :( Even if you DID have VOIP mics on, you can’t…change loadouts once you’ve all joined the expedition. WTF BioWare. Nothing was thought through.

Oh no, there’s no coordination. Just a bunch of trigger happy jerks unloading on stuff.

What I’ve found is that you can at least visually see what effects have hit them, and if you have a good complement, save those for those moments. Works in GM3 as well (where I do most of it, as only my Interceptor is ready for GM3 - grinding my Storm up to GM3 lately.

You know, I’ve dipped my toe into GM2 (still skeered of GM3) but at least as best I can tell, the loot doesn’t seem drastically better there, so I figure why take on the additional risk for the same payout? Do you find it’s worth it to play GM2? Would have to imagine GM3 is at least.

GM1 is the only one worth playing. You can’t get a group together or one that finishes the entire run for GM2/GM3 unless you roll in with premade friends.

I thought it was funny :)

In the first week or so of Anthem I had a few groups use VOIP. At least, I think I remember there being some voicechat going on.

Never got any grouping happening in freeplay though.

But at least there weren’t any memes created.

I haven’t had those grouping issues at all (xBox One however). Actually been having more grouping issues on Hard - where I had to solo some legendary missions/contracts before I got to the GM recommended levels.

Best rewards seem to be from Strongholds and the Legendary Contracts/Missions. After a GM3 Stronghold, I’ll usually have 3-5 Masterwork+ items to unbox. Unfortunately (after the first couple of batches), most are weapons and all at Light level 61 (cap for Masterwork, I’m guessing). I do have a Legendary Mks rifle at Light Level 75.

I’m also taking as many items with +Luck as I can when they are of comparable Light Levels, unless they don’t fit into my Components build (Always, always take Armor and Shields, as well as Armor and Shield consumables - getting one-shotted from full health sucks).

As part of the Legionairres challenge, I’ve found myself doing quickplay strongholds periodically as well. Especially if I have an Elysian key or two - I’ll usually end up in which ever one is the Daily reward of course, but a lot of the time there’s a daily for a stronghold and one for a specific stronghold - so get two Daily challenges complete in one mission.

Whatever they deliver, don’t deliver tomorrow will be an utter shitshow.

What’s going live tomorrow?

Content patch. [In the next 9 days (at the latest) we’re supposed to get: “Mastery System”, “New Items”, “Shaper Surge”, “Legendary Missions - Phase II”, “The Sunken”, “Weekly Stronghold Challanges”, “Leaderboards”, “Guilds”, and 6x “Locked Cortex” events.

That’s funny. I do it all the time. Also, GM2 is a cakewalk with drastically better loot than gm1. What game are you playing? Since patch 1.0.3, playing GM1 is equivalent to playing Diablo on normal.