Anti virus software question

I have norton antivirus software 2005 running, I upgraded from 2003, on my list of processes is CCAPP.exe I did a search and it says it’s from 2003, I went to their site and I couldn’t find a tech support about this. So do I need this process running still, or is it no longer needed since I have 2005?

I would like to file this post as evidence for the claim made in the other thread that people simply shouldn’t be using Norton utilities, ever.

If you’d like some more ammo, I just recently had to update ~1000 servers by hand because they pushed a broken LiveUpdate client, and then couldn’t fix it automatically, since it broke their autoupdater.

H.

So I take it that I could disable it without screwing anything up?

Also how is mcaffe?

If you’d like some more ammo, I just recently had to update ~1000 servers by hand because they pushed a broken LiveUpdate client, and then couldn’t fix it automatically, since it broke their autoupdater.

H.[/quote]Dude, script it with batch files and clickymouse or something. I would die before doing that by hand.

Less installer problems than Norton in most computers I’ve dealt with, but it tends to miss more than NAV2005 in my experience.

Trend Micro’s PC-Cillin has been on top in most computer magazine reviews for the last couple of years. Installation takes a tenth of the time to install as Norton, which makes me happy during the high number of installs I do per day.

I really like Norman. It just sits there, updating silently, never stealing
focus from my precious computer games. Low on resources, doesn’t seem
tied to a functioning IE, and has even warned me about potential malware
installers on webpages. Nice, if I ever use anything but Opera.