Antihero - Qt3 League

I like that , makes the assassin less OP. But still very powerful.

@Goatgoatgoat I think the game needs an undo button. As long as the fog is not lifted on a move, no info is revealed and there’s no point in penalizing a wrong placement or even a wrong Guild buy.

As it stands, it is quite easy (for instance), to place a Thug in the wrong spot, or to scout the wrong building. This problem will become far more important when the game is on tablets.

I agree. It would be a welcome QoL addition. But, as you said, any info the player did not know prior to an action that’s revealed after the action should not be an undoable action.

Technically speaking, one burgles buildings and scouts streets. Regardless, burgling a dark building would not be undoable, since one learns what’s in the building after the burgle action. Burgling a light building, however, would be undoable, since one already knows what it contains before the burgle action. The same logic would be used when it comes to bombs in buildings.

Unfortunately, I just don’t think this can happen, because so many moves result in revealed information, and having a button that works sometimes and doesn’t work other times is really poor UI and would be very difficult to explain to new players.

The game’s solution to this is that it “double checks” all your moves - you click on the tile you want to interact with, and then you click on the confirm button. If this is still resulting in too many mis-clicks, then the solution, IMO, is for the game to have better highlighting of the thing you clicked on.

Burgling a light building results in revealed information if you get a large burglary sack. And even if you don’t get a large sack, you’ve still revealed that that building did not contain an opponent’s bomb.

Okay, for Season 2 we’ve got:

Dave Perkins
Thraeg
geggis
ron / Gruntled
lordkosc
belouski
otthegreat
robthomasson

Working on setting up the two groups! Anyone who wants to (like @Zebracadabra) can join in late.

Did the playoff games for Season 1 ever happen?

@Left_Empty vs @Mysterio
@belouski vs @geggis

The final standings from the regular part of Season 1:

Group 1
belouski
geggis
Ananab Tilps
Thraeg
robthomasson
lord_kosc

Group 2
Mysterio out
Left_Empty out
ottthegreat
Zebracadabra out
geewhiz out
tgb123 out

and ron is joining.

Holy crap, Group 2 was death as far as enjoying the league, it seems.

Hmm, it appears that the system I designed (where the top two from Group 2 join Group 1, and the bottom two from Group 1 join Group 2, etc.) is totally not going to work, thanks to attrition.

I’ll ponder what to do.

I’d be willing to take 5 byes for Season 2, but that would be kind of boring.

Not yet.

Thanks, but I’m likely out until the game appears on iOS. I love it but PC is reserved for business.

My son is getting married in march so am quite busy with things at the moment.

Sorry @Dave_Perkins, forgot to tag you in! See quote above!

Challenge issued to @Left_Empty!

Hi, I’d like to sign up for the league!

Excellent, @Zenchess! Stay tuned.

Okay, I think I have a good idea. Let’s run a Circle tournament for Season 2. I’ve used this structure before, and I think it will be perfect for our current constraints.

Everyone is in one group, and I will randomly arrange you in a circle. You’ll play a game vs the players to either side of you. If you lose both games, you’re out. If no one loses both games, then everyone with the lowest cumulative wins is out. We continue until we are down to 2 or 1 player. If 2, then they play a game for the championship!

Am I okay in assuming that the people who signed up for Season 2 are still interested? Including Zen. If not, please say so. And if you hadn’t signed up, but this sounds interesting, join in!

Let me know if you’re bailing, @belouski and @Otthegreat and @Thraeg and @robthomasson and @gruntled and @geggis and @lordkosc. If you speak not, then I will assume you’re still in.

Not to take anything away from your semifinals victory, @Left_Empty, but holy hell that map was the most lopsided one I’ve ever played. I had two gem-only Estates and both Churches next to me, while you had the third Trading House, a masterpiece-only Estate, and the Bank in your backyard. The only way it could have been worse for me is if the Orphanage were where the Strangefellows Club was. I was starved for lanterns the entire game. gg, though!

@Goatgoatgoat:

What’s the deal with Estates? Does each one always spawn the same item, or is there a 50/50 chance? The two Estates closest to me spawned nothing but gems the entire 15-turn game.

Also, what does your playtesting show regarding the Safecracker upgrade with buildings having at least one coin in them? And do burgled buildings spawn additional small sacks after the initial 2 lanterns/2 coins and 1 coin are burgled?

Thanks!

Every time an Estate spawns a burglary, it’s 50/50 jewelry or art, so this was just an unusual run of dice rolls!

Non-Estate buildings will never spawn additional burglaries (except for on the Masquerade map, where Mask burglaries will continue to appear throughout the game).

Re: Safecracker – I’m not sure what you mean? Are you asking if it’s OP or underpowered? (I’m not sure, but in my own personal playtests I haven’t seen it as either OP or UP. I need to get some more game-balance analytics gathering into the game.)

I think I’ll head to Vegas!

It just seems that coins are too plentiful in the end game when Safecracker’s been researched, since a player’s Master Thief likely has at least 4 actions by then, which equates to 8 coins when burgling even small sack buildings. I can’t remember: does a player receive a coin from Safecracker when burgling an empty building?

If the building is empty, no extra coin!