Antihero

Yeah I can’t really remember the original one now but the new one is solid. Is gang evicting covered or is that something that will come later in the campaign?

Oh I am guessing the tutorial/ campaign will cover everything eventually.

Yeah, the campaign addresses all the mechanics. Basically, levels 1-3 are about introducing game concepts, and the remaining levels all add new gameplay twists and AI opponents with different strategies.

That moment when you realise you done messed up. Against Masschoas.

For me its more like, the moment you mess up against Masschoas in the 4th turn of the game, and you know you already lost…

That got a good laugh out of me.

Stage 2 is Mel Gibson not even getting angry.

@Goatgoatgoat @geggis , can anyone connect to the online portion of the game? I am getting this:

Shoot, thanks for the heads up. I just restarted the server - should be back to normal.

Just noticed that assassination targets can move on to the same squares as dazed saboteurs so they overlap – not sure whether this is the case with the other characters!

Ah, that probably shouldn’t happen. I’ll fix it, thanks!

By the way, all the new sounds and effects are really nice!

Awesome, glad to hear it! Thanks!

7 days till full release.

Be glad to have some new blood to play against!

gg @geggis, you should have scouted more, I was surprised you didn’t come after my churches. :p

And Masschoas was telling me he isn’t getting many games anymore, I guess no one wants to rematch him, heh.

Come on, kosc, that map was a crock of shit. I had the Strangefellows in one corner, the orphanage in another-they literally couldn’t have been further away-- and the bank and Strangefellows were blocked off early on by a henchman and assassination target (and hitting the henchman would have drawn your gang over).

You were sat on two trading houses so could afford to thug-up your gang early and muscle in on the two estates (one of which was closer to you) and force my gang into hiding (because I couldn’t afford to lose him, or buff him). To top it off you had both churches right at the back behind an assortment of henchmen–that’s a steady 2 coins per turn to help fund gangs and more urchins, then later 2VPs. I think you even had two gangs because of your lantern lead (art and dual trading houses).

The map was horrible and it annoyed me greatly that in the last two turns you got those two blackmails and an assassination target to carry you over the finish line. There just wasn’t much I could do against that in this case. That said, I’m very happy I was able to get the VPs I did given that I spent a good chunk of the game with just one trading house. Edit: one trading house and nothing else!

TLDR: That’s why I didn’t scout more.

As for Masschoas, I only like to have a handful of games going and I’m near my limit at the moment. I’ll face him again!

What’s more, @Goatgoatgoat, I wasn’t able to screenshot my side of the map for the game above because there’s no way of hanging around after a game has finished to chat or check out the map. It’s still a blink-and-you-miss it gig once someone wins. I’d like to see the map exposed after victory and the servers keep the game open for a day or two.

And one more thing while I’m on a roll: was anything going to be done about the building labels covering up the squares behind them? That’s still a pretty big problem to me when factoring how close an enemy’s scouting is…

While typing this I also noticed the game has notification sounds when the game is minimised. Neat!

Edit: Is there a way of knowing which games are ‘Invite’ and ‘Automatch’ in your games list?

Ooof, I don’t think I added enough salt to that post. I’d just crawled out of bed.

I just realised too that I’m away this weekend from Friday morning until Monday morning. Free wins are on me! :-)

Its ok, yeah that map was very much in my favor, which is why I was wondering why you weren’t giving me any in game harassment. ;)

We pretty much stayed on our sides of the map the entire game. And I let the in game street guards do the blocking for me.

I am also going by the MassChoas game play strategy on that map, of ignoring the masks and the party completely. I’ve won twice now with no party loot. :)

Early on you’ll have spotted my dash down the lower street but once I realised that the two buildings on my side of the map were tucked away I had to make a choice between pushing out into your space or trying to reach what was in my half. I went for the latter initially to try and get the orphanage leveled up so I could start evicting (and get a cheaper bank), but by that point the map was spattered with henchmen and your gang wasn’t to be trifled with. I spent a lot of actions just trying to get to buildings this game which hit my economy hard.

I don’t buy Masschoas’ avoidance of the mask VPs. The first one is a no-brainer as far as I’m concerned. The second one is a good option if you’re struggling for others, as I was. The third, granted, is a tough sell. If folk don’t go for them, it makes them even easier VPs.

On this particular map I’m not attributing your victory to no party loot, that’s on the churches and the churches only! ;-)

Note too that I had 9 lanterns ready for a bribe on my last turn!

Oh I saw , and calculated my moves very carefully to guarantee the final VP kill. I don’t think the target could have spawned in any better possible location! :D

I didn’t even realize I had a 2nd church near me until the last 3 moves of the game.