Any coffee dorks?

Damnit… how did you know my weekend plans!!!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

And now you are wearing them as you smoke the crack, blood still on them.

yes…

Furiously masturbating and subsequently collapsing into a seizure and swallowing your tongue, choking to death covered in blood, vomit, and jism. Then your sphincter relaxes as the spark of life leaves your body and poop is added to that mélange.

All because one spoon of French vanilla haagen daaz wasn’t enough for your coffee. You had to chase that dragon. Now look at you. Pathetic!

You’re just mad because nobody suggested putting spiders in their coffee. :)

Worst Coffee Bug story.

On the back porch drinking french press one day.

It’s in AZ on a Mandean Sky Island (topographically speaking) at the beginning of the rainy season, so the Hummingbirds and insects and life in general were out in force (pollen, growth).

Reach hand blindly for cup on table to my right, take a sip and…

Drink a bee.

Bee stings tongue.

Hi-jinks ensue.

I’m obviously doing this ‘coffee’ thing all wrong.

At the new Tokyo Starbucks ‘Roastery’

customers who visit the Roastery will be able to order elaborate drinks like black tea lattes garnished with turmeric cotton candy

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/26/business/starbucks-roastery-strategy/index.html

But they’re good dogs, Brant!

Am I weird for preferring cheap brandless vacuum packed ground coffee over expensive fancy beans? I like it best when the machine needs cleaning badly too. I just like it filthy, sour and oily I guess.

TBH i think dawn detergent is so hard to rinse it will leave an off taste so best not to wash. :p Kinda like in beer making where you use different cleansers with no soap residue.

Nah - there are way more people like you than there that fuss over their coffee. And way more people drink PBR / Miller Lite or whatever than drink craft beer. I’m sure there’s plenty of things in life that I couldn’t care less about, but you’re particular.

Wise words them.

That’s why you backflush and clean the machine with something like Cafiza. Rinses clean and doesn’t leave other flavors.

Diego

Once in a while when it gets too filthy or I suspect calcium might be building up on the heating elements I let it cycle a couple liters of water with a lot of cleaning vinegar in it. Then rinse it profusely and have even filthier coffee for a couple days :)

I’m a coffee masochist.

Someone here may have a suggestion, so here’s my weirdly specific want:

I think I’m at the point where I prefer the flavor I get making coffee in my aeropress, but sometimes I just don’t feel like the ritual. I have a Nespresso machine and like it just fine, but it’s getting fairly old and I’d seriously debate whether or not it’d be worth a new one when it eventually kicks the bucket.

So the question is then, is there a competent drip machine that can make a cup of coffee similar to the aeropress that is reliable and not some ridiculous $300 hunk of shit?

Something in the Technivorm Moccamaster range maybe? Those aren’t made like crap and make decent drip coffee by all reports. It is DRIP coffee though, not made under pressure like an aero press.

The single cup version is around $200 fwiw.

Diego

Anyone else order whole bean coffee on Amazon and have a favorite vendor for decent tasting coffee? I’ve jumped around a bit but I’m always on the lookout for something good.

Why Amazon? I’m lazy and I love the subscribe and save which works nearly flawlessly based on the amount of coffee I go through monthly.