Anybody else have the Logitech G15 Keyboard?

I’ve only had mine 6 weeks and already the E key is not legible and many of the others are blurring. Fortunately Amazon will take it back cuz it’s defective, but before I buy another one, I thought I’d ask around to see if others have the problem.

Lorini

Don’t have that same keyboard but I do have a Logitec Mx518 gaming mouse that recently took a crap on me. I didn’t have my BestBuy receipt handy (the typical 30 day warranty expired anyway) but I called up Logitech and they sent me a new mouse (same model) for free w/o any hassel.

I have one, but I’ve only had it for two days so the keys are still okay. What is frustrating me is that the profiler software is giving me an error about registry permissions everytime I start Windows.

I’ve had one about a month, use it pretty heavily and I’m a 70 wpm typist. Keys are fine. Best keyboard I’ve ever bought.

I’ve had one for about 2 months. I love it, no problems so far.

I have one. Its great as I like the feel of the keys and the fact that there is a switch to turn off the back lighting. Display is cool and I want to get developing for that in the future. The USB ports are perfect - mouse in one, joystick in the other. Very happy with it so far.

Not that is what you asked, but this keyboard is great. The keys are the perfect sensitivity, it’s got a nice split and it feels like a newborn babies butt (leather wrist rest). :)

Yep, that is what I would get if other people’s experience with the G15 were like mine :D However, that keyboard does not have the macro capability of the G15, nor does it have lit keys. Both of these are awesome on the G15, I’ve been very pleased with it except for this blurring problem. Best Buy has it on sale for $80 this week, so since Amazon has agreed to take back my keyboard, I’ll pick up a new one today or tomorrow.

Lorini

BestBuy.ca has it on sale for $69.99 CAD (plus tax & shipping). I’d love to pick one up, but the wife will keeeeeel me!

I have tried the split keyboards before, but the problem that I had with them was simply that switching between split and regular was screwing up my typing. Since I regularly go between about 4 keyboards a day, it would work for me if they were all splits. I did like the split keyboard when I was using it.

This is my highend keyboard of choice. It’s not just gimmicky and glowy but built like a frickin truck. Makes me feel like I’m in neuromancer. Of course $159 is an ludicrous price for a keyboard; I’d immediately spill coffee on it and cry like a woman.

For now I stick with this, which is still alarmingly expensive but also built like a frickin truck and feels fan-fucking-tastic with the buckling-spring buttons. Not as cool as the “deck”, though.

I’ve got a couple of months or so on my G15 so far I think. No problems so far, greatly enjoying it.

I like keys with a really light touch, and as little clicking as possible. So I stick with benq’s x120 which is the flatest (and most stylish) keyboard I’ve ever used. Super light touch on the keys too, they only depress maybe 3mm.

That being said… how does that LCD work on the logitech? Does the game need to specifically support it? If so, I’d say it’s pretty worthless, but I’m curious.

You guys with your new fangled keyboards…me? I’m an old-fashioned kinda guy who prefers the original IBM Model M Keyboards that weigh 20 pounds and make nice loud clicks. I got one for home and one for work, both originals from ebay. You can also get new models from http://www.pckeyboard.com/. These things never let me down. ;)

It’s pretty worthless. I don’t see it being too useful even with a game that supports it. I mean, ooh, an ammo counter. Now I can either look at that on-screen, or look 3" below the screen for it. The only feature I think is kind of clever is how it will pull the artist and track name from WinAmp and iTunes.

Mostly I have mine displaying the date and time. So if you want to simulate my G15 LCD experience with your own keyboard, you can make your own with a $5 clock and some tape.

Heh. I was thinking it would be neat if I could force it to read IRC to me while I was in a fullscreen game. Or route IMs to the keyboard, so I don’t have to alt-tab.

I can see a lot of uses, but considering how shitty logitech is at supporting anything at the best of times, I’d say it’s unlikely they have a magic public API that one could use to achieve all this, or alternately, drivers on a level high enough to do it automatically.

At least they ship the SDK with the drivers. Sure, there isn’t much out that supports it right now, but I do like what it has in terms of Media display. I can run WinAmp in a game and the LCD tells me the basics of what WinAmp would show me.

Right now I am looking for any excuse to write something for it. =)

It’s pretty worthless. I don’t see it being too useful even with a game that supports it. I mean, ooh, an ammo counter. Now I can either look at that on-screen, or look 3" below the screen for it. The only feature I think is kind of clever is how it will pull the artist and track name from WinAmp and iTunes.

Mostly I have mine displaying the date and time. So if you want to simulate my G15 LCD experience with your own keyboard, you can make your own with a $5 clock and some tape.[/quote]
That is basically a fair set of comments on it, but I really like the thing anyways.

Yes, the game needs to be programmed for it specifically and I do agree that someone putting ammo counters or other critical data down there is fairly silly. Its call a HUD on screen for a reason. The proper use for it in a game hasn’t quite been figured out yet.

The nice part of the display is that when something that uses it starts running, the display kicks in and switches to that. When I fire up WinAmp, it switches from the clock to the Media display. I do like being able to see the Media display while I am in a full screen game. The Clock is better than the $5 one that I used to own at my computer. I like the USB port placements for my mouse and joystick. There is a physical switch for the Windows key for the games that don’t programatically turn it off and for those of you that hit it accidently. But most important is that the keys feel right to me and its also has pretty nice styling, in my opinion.

I think it has potential and I find it to be a better, more useful concept than their Force Feedback Mice idea from long ago.

Make a breakout game that uses the volume wheel for a controller.

Yep, that is what I would get if other people’s experience with the G15 were like mine :D However, that keyboard does not have the macro capability of the G15, nor does it have lit keys. Both of these are awesome on the G15, I’ve been very pleased with it except for this blurring problem. Best Buy has it on sale for $80 this week, so since Amazon has agreed to take back my keyboard, I’ll pick up a new one today or tomorrow.

Lorini[/quote]

That’s a lot of keyboard. I don’t even use all of the extra keys on this keyboard. If I could get a version without those keys, I would. I just want a light to touch (like Charles), comfortable, split keyboard. Oh, and it has to have full size arrow and backspace keys. Anything else is a sham of a keyboard.